The Benefits of Choosing Heavy Duty Dog Beds
There’s really only one practical reason why pet owners would want a heavy dog bed, and that is to find a bed for their destructive dogs. By destructive, this refers to a dog who likes to chew on everything, most especially his bed. If you’ve got one such dog, or two, or more, then it’s best to invest in heavy duty dog beds.
Do heavy-duty dog beds exist?
Yes, and definitely yes. Heavy dog beds exist primarily to meet the needs of destructive dogs. These can range from puppies to dog breeds who really don’t outgrow the need to chew.
Are heavy dog beds more expensive?
Not necessarily. There are dog beds that are available for the same price as any other dog bed in the market. This is why, if you have a puppy (who always has a need to chew their little teeth) it’s best to invest in dog beds beforehand.
What are the benefits of choosing Heavy dog beds?
- The name of this type of dog bed is already a benefit in and of itself. dog beds can withstand wear and tear from your dogs that just cannot seem to stop chewing.
- They are usually made with excellent quality, the best materials, and the best craftsmanship. This is why sometimes they aren’t always affordable. But you get your money’s worth anyway.
- They are made from different kinds of materials including ballistic nylon, cordura nylon, crypton, and heavy-duty vinyl.
- You’ll also be surprised that such beds are actually just as easy to clean. This is because the fabrics used to make such a dog bed are often water-repellant, fade resistant, easy to clean, and can even be antimicrobial.
Some Considerations to Think Of Before Buying Dog Beds
- Just because they are labeled as heavy-duty or chew-proof or even indestructible, there really is no such thing as a totally indestructible bed. If that were the case, your dog won’t be very comfortable sleeping or even resting on it. When you start to see little holes or small rips, it’s best to remove the bed so that it won’t get totally destroyed, or worse, your pet could eat the filling or the outer fabric. This will be bad for their health.
- Because Such heavy dog beds are not totally indestructible, make sure to choose one that comes with a warranty or better yet, a replacement guarantee.
- If you have an elevated heavy-duty dog bed, make sure to choose ones with frames that are extra-durable. You should also take a closer look at how the fabric is attached to the frame to make sure that it doesn’t rip or come apart easily.
What are the top performing dog beds on the market?
There are plenty to choose from! The top manufacturer names usually include K-9 Ballistics, Crypton, Kuranda, or Orivs. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to find these brands on display in brick and mortar stores. These brands are usually and mostly available online. Here are some recommended heavy duty beds in no particular order.
If you want a good chewproof dog bed that’s also not too pricey, you’ll be happy with the Kuranda Walnut PVC Chewproof Dog Bed. The frame is made with very strong PVC metal and can support dogs that weigh up to 130lbs. The elevated dog bed design keeps your dog warm or cool as well as dry at all times. It’s easy to clean because it uses ballistic nylon that can withstand damage very well.
The K9 Ballistics Orthopedic Tuff Dog Bed is really a marriage of science and design. It looks great, is very comfortable, and very durable as well. It can sustain most dog breeds that are considered moderate chewers.
This is called an orthopedic bed because it uses thick medicinal-grade foam as well as supportive high-density dog foam and high-density memory foam.
The outer cover and inner material are completely waterproof. It’s also resistant to dirt, odor, tears, hair, and stain.
If you have a light to moderate chewer, this would be the perfect bed for your dog. It’s stylish and goes well with your home décor. It is also resistant to water, dirt, tears, hair, and odor.
This is one of the best chew resistant and heavy dog beds ever made. It even got a product rating of 5 out of 5 in Amazon. Not only is it indestructible but it is also orthopedic which is a good option for your dog to preserve their health. It’s also quite stylish so you won’t be ashamed of having this around the house.
KONG Chew-Resistant Heavy-Duty Pillow Bed
If you have a budget, you might like to get the KONG Chew Resistant Heavy-Duty Pillow Bed. It’s chew-proof and is designed for tough and strong chewers! This is a great investment but only if your budget allows it. What’s more is that the covers are removable making it absolutely easy to clean.