Serta Orthopedic Quilted Pillowtop Dog Bed Review [Guide]
You know when your dogs get old they will start experiencing problems kay arthritis or hip dysplasia. But these issues can be alleviated when you give them the right type of dog bed. Serta Dog Beds could be a very good fit. A dog bed that supports their frame and weight, as well as give them a comfortable sleeping experience is one you should be looking for, just like the Serta Orthopedic Quilted Pillowtop Dog Bed, Large, Brown.
It is one of the top 10 picks of best dog beds of 2018 by dogbedsview.com
Serta gives an excellent comfort and all the luxury that your dog can crave for! The bed is surrounded by zipper which helps with easily removing the foam bed during the laundering time. Well, there are more to know and understand about this dog bed – so let’s get started!
Serta Orthopedic Quilted Pillowtop Dog Bed Review
Gift your furry buddy the ultimate relaxation and comfort with the Serta Orthopedic Quilted Dog Bed. The unique egg crate structured foam on the interiors allows a quality airflow and eases out all the pressure on the joints.
Serta considers the dog bed just like any other home furniture, and for the same reason you will come across some cool colour choices here. A few of them include mocha, tan, blue, gray, and sage. All of them are just not like the usual standard colours, and will go really well with all the modern home decors.
Measures 4” in height featuring an advanced orthopedic egg crate foam slab. The foam helps to relieve pressure giving your dog comfort and support. Bolster helps give additional support for your dog to rest his or her head. Cover can be taken off for easy laundering. Measures 34” x 24”. Also comes in blue color.
Aside from this, the extra bolster helps give additional support.
Your dog can rest their head on an elevated bolster so that they don’t have to droop their head down if they don’t want to. The shape of the Serta Orthopedic Quilted Pillowtop Dog Bed is great for dogs who want to cuddle and snuggle as the design curves around their bodies.
- An orthopedic dog bed is always a plus, especially when it comes to aging dogs. If you have dogs in your home that are nearing their senior years, it’s best to invest in an orthopedic bed, even if they don’t have any musculoskeletal disorders yet.
- The mocha color goes well with any interior and the cover can be removed for washing so your dog bed will always smell fresh and not have that “doggy” smell on it. You can purchase a pet spray for the foam to keep it smelling fresh and clean as well.
- The bed makes use of one single foam slab, but not just any foam. The Serta Orthopedic Quilted Pillowtop Dog Bed has advanced orthopedic egg crate foam. This kind of foam is a pressure-reliever that enables the dog to experience comfort during sleep.
- This Orthopedic Dog Bed offers a great support to the canines resting on this.
- It’s easy to take out the foam from the cover as well as the couch-like bolster. If you worry that the cover won’t hold up after washing, don’t. It holds its shape very well so that it will last longer.
- It only comes in two colors, mocha and gray so you don’t have pretty much to choose from. But if those colors go well with your interiors, then that’s not a problem. Your dog won’t mind the color of the dog bed anyway.
- It’s a little bit on the expensive side compared to other orthopedic dog beds but it’s a good investment to make anyway. It can give you your money’s worth.
- It doesn’t have a non-skid bottom. If your dog likes to drag his bed around the house, this may be a problem for you. However, it does have a ribbed bottom. When placed on a carpeted floor, it pretty much won’t move.
An Interesting Comparison!
A little more better than the Serta Orthopedic Quilted Pillowtop Dog Bed is the Beasley’s Couch Dog Bed. It looks like a couch and bed fused together and is just as comfortable as a human couch that dogs won’t have to go sit on yours because they’ll already have their own.
Their head can be supported comfortably on the over-stuffed bolster that’s filled with very supportive Hypro-Loft fiber. The bed is designed to prevent shifting and matting so that it keeps its shape well for a long time.
It uses a 3” convoluted foam bottom or “egg crate” with polar fleece for orthopedic protection. The polar fleece gives it a soft feel so that your dog will love cuddling with his or her dog bed.
If you have the budget, you can go all out and invest in the PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed & Lounge which costs a little more. What makes it so expensive? Well, it has a solid 4” memory foam base as support, uses recycled support bolsters, cover is made of polyster and cotton twill blend.
The dog bed, like others, is easy to clean. The removable cover can be cleaned and washed with the washing machine. If you want to do a simple spot cleaning, it’s easy to do so considering the material on the cover. It also has other features such as a non-skid bottom as well as a water resistant and tear resistant cover.
Lastly, it comes in smart colors that’s perfect for office or home. It really is a complete package as far as dog beds go. Best of all, the dogs love it, too.
Because of the support and comfort that the Serta Orthopedic Quilted Pillowtop Dog Bed offers to aging and even younger dogs, give it a 4.5 out of 5 rating. A non-skid bottom would’ve been an added plus.