The Best Dog Beds for Rottweiler – 2017 Buyer’s Guide and Reviews
If you are a dog lover and have a dog as your pet, then you must be aware of the amount of care you need to put for them. In return, undoubtedly, you get a true friend who is there to help you all the time. Rottweiler is a domestic dog breed which is considered to be medium or large sized. They are known for their alert, calm and fearless nature. This detailed guide on some of the Best Rottweiler Dog beds will surely help you find the perfect one for your's.
Your Rottweiler needs special care. The furniture you find comfortable might not prove to be the same for your pet dog. It is not a very healthy habit to share your furniture with your pet dog, no matter how clean you keep your pet, especially if you have a toddler at your place. It is best to separate your set of furniture from that of your dog. Dog beds are one of the most basic things your dog needs. Needless to say, bed for a Rottweiler will be different from that of a Pug. So you need to keep various things in mind before making a purchase. You also need to know about all the different products available in market and choose according to your needs. Your pet deserves the extra care and pampering.
Top Choices for Rottweiler Dog Beds
|STANDARD DOG BEDS BY KURANDA |
|Very High||Yes||Very High||Check Price|
|ALUMINUM DOG BED BY KURANDA||High||Yes||High||Check Price|
|PET DREAMS 2-IN-1 PLUSH BUMPER DOG BED||Medium||Yes||Average||Check Price|
The Factors to Consider While Buying your Rottweiler the Perfect Bed
Needless to say, your pet is very special and dear to you. So, you need to take special care before making any purchase for your pet. A number of dog beds are available in market by various brands. But you need to choose wisely the right one for your Rottweiler which also fits in your budget. The following things are to be kept in mind before making the purchase.
- Size & Weight : You must keep in mind that your Rottweiler might be a puppy at present and if you are not planning to replace the bed after you dog reaches a certain age, then you need to know that grown up male Rottweiler weighs 50-60 kg and the female counterparts weigh around 35-48 kg. So you need to buy a bed which can support this weight.
- Life Span : Rottweiler has a life span of about eight to ten years; you might want to use a single bed for the entire lifetime. In that case, you need to make your purchase accordingly.
- Waterproof : The bed should preferably be waterproof and the material of the bed should not irritate your pet.
- Health : If your dog has joint problems or suffers from arthritis and other degenerative conditions, you need to splurge on orthopedic foam dog beds.
The Top 5 Rottweiler Dog Bed Reviews
A number of dog beds are available in market for your Rottweiler, but you should be a wise buyer and keep in mind what are the things you expect from the beds and tally these to the available beds in market. Following is a list of the top 5 dog beds available in market.
1. STANDARD DOG BEDS BY KURANDA
This is the ultimate orthopedic support provider for your Rottweiler. Your pet is bound to remain cool during summer because of the ideal air circulation underneath, whereas during winter, the bed can be lifted off the cold floors. You are free to choose the frame and fabric.
- The almond colored frame is chew proof.
- No pillow or cushion can provide the firm support that this bed can provide.
- You can choose from a wide range of colors and fabrics.
- Fading is resisted by UV resistant finish on the frames.
- The fasteners are made of stainless steel which resists corrosion and offers strength.
- The beds are easy to clean.
- It is extremely comfortable for Rottweiler.
- The orthopedic support of the bed is very efficient.
- It is chew proof.
- It is long lasting.
- It is difficult to store because of its large size.
- The fabric readily attracts dirt and hair.
- The beds are often noisy.
2. ALUMINUM DOG BED BY KURANDA
This is an ideal bed suitable for the toughest kind of dogs like Rottweiler. It is suitable for indoor as well as outdoor usage. It comes with a wide range of colors that looks great in all homes. The corners and legs are also made of aluminum. This has a high strength and is extremely lightweight. The aluminum frames are satin colored which further increases the beauty of the bed.
- The beds are chew proof.
- The beds have high strength.
- They are easy to clean and it is guaranteed to withstand repeated cleaning. The corners and the legs are made up of aluminum.
- They are made up of lightweight aircraft graded aluminum frames.
- A wide choice of colors and fabrics are available.
- It is highly comfortable for your pet.
- It is easy to clean.
- It is chew proof.
- The beds are sturdy.
- The beds can be easily moved.
- The beds are durable.
- The fabric of the bed is allergen free.
- The fabric allows proper air circulation.
- According to some customers, these beds start wearing after regular usage.
- The beds are difficult to assemble.
- The beds attract dirt and hair readily.
This is what it looks like when your Rottweiler gets a new bed.
3. FLUFFY’S DOG BED
This attractive looking bed is ideal for indoor and outdoor usage such as in porches and garages because of its anti- skid bottom. It comes with a soft round mattress inside and is washable and durable. The color can be reversed and can be easily washed in a washing machine. It has polyester filling which adds to the durability of the bed. It has soft fleece and the foam is of high quality. The polyester cushion makes it comfortable for pets to remain cool or warm during winter and summer respectively.
- It has anti- skid bottom.
- It is easy to clean.
- It is made up of fleece of high quality.
- The cushions are Polyfill filled.
- It can be easily washed in machine.
- It easy to store.
- It looks attractive and beautiful.
- It can be easily cleaned.
- The quality of the fabric and the construction is good.
- It is suitable for cats as well as dogs.
- It keeps your pet warm during summer and cool during summer.
- The fur gets stuck to the bed.
- The cushion is thin. Thus, it disrupts the comfort of your pet.
- It is only suitable for toothless dogs because it is not chew proof.
- Though the XL and XXL are meant for large dogs like Rottweiler, your pet might not find it very comfortable and the beds can get torn within a short span of time.
4. PETTO LOUNGER BED FOR DOG
This is an ideal bed for large dogs because it is available in extra-large size with dimensions 95 cm X 80 cm X 25 cm. this is a waterproof bed and is ideally suitable for your dog’s outdoor enjoyment sessions. However, that does not imply that the bed cannot be used indoors!
- Hairs do not stick to the fabric of this bed.
- It is easily washable. It can be machine washed.
- The extra-large size can accommodate fully grown Rottweiler.
- The material of the bed is solid and sturdy.
- The waterproof fabric increases the lifespan.
- Some customers complain that after a few washes, it loses the crispiness.
- The fabric is not very soft to touch.
- It is a bit noisy.
- It is not chew proof.
5. PET DREAMS 2-IN-1 PLUSH BUMPER DOG BED
This is an extremely versatile bed and is practically designed. It has an attractive chic look and the bumpers provide support with a structured design. The bed fits easily in any room because of the rectangular shape. The bumpers, ultra-plush cover and the pads can be removed for washing.
- It is washable.
- It is portable. You can leave the bed back at home but carry the pad anywhere you go.
- It is reversible. It has double layers of fill in comparison to most other single layer fills in non-reversible pads.
- This is absolutely ideal for travelling.
- It has a generous size.
- The color is soothing and adds to the aesthetic beauty.
- The sides stay up nicely, thereby protecting your dog from outside articles to which your dog might bump into. Your pet might even use the soft sides for lifting his/her head.
- It is easy to wash them. It can be easily washed in the machine.
- The removable pad and pillow are very thin.
- Since the pad is thin, your dog might feel the cold temperature of the floor during winter.
- Not very sturdy.
- Since the bottom padding is very thin, it adversely interferes with the comfort of your pet.
- It is expensive. Some customers complain that it is not worth the price.
Some Frequently Asked Questions about Dog Beds for Rottweilers.
For your guidance we state below some FAQs about Rottweiler Dog beds.
What precautions should I take to make my Rottweiler feel very comfortable with bed?
Your Rottweiler might feel more comfortable on floor than on bed. However, if he/she is comfortable on bed, but not with the newly bought one, then you must try to restore the previous conditions he/she was subjected to, on his/her old bed. You must try to find out why he/she is not feeling comfortable in the new bed. If the bed feels too hard, try adding some extra water proof cushions of a soft fabric on the bed.
What is the best bed for my Rottweiler?
nobody knows your dog better than you do. Your dog can sleep in the strangest positions and that is the hint you need to pick up while choosing the bed. There are three basic bed designs- Super soft beds, Lounging beds, nestling beds. You have to choose the right one according to the way your dog loves to relax
What size of bed should I choose for my Rottweiler?
Rottweiler generally needs large, XL or XXL sized beds. However, you need to keep in mind the height and weight of your dog before choosing the bed.
What is the best way to clean the dog bed?
a few steps should be followed for the cleaning process. Start with vacuuming the cover. Get as much dog hair off the bed as possible before washing. Remove the cover after the vacuuming is done. Use stain remover to remove the unwanted stains. Wash the bed. If your bed can be machine washed, use a washing machine. Otherwise, you need to do it manually. Dry the bed. Even if you dry it using the machine drier, it is best to dry it under the Sun. Drying under the Sun will help remove all the bad smell that may prevail even after the washing process.
For how long should I use the dog bed?
the lifespan of the dog bed depends on many factors like fabric of the bed, the usage of the bed by the dog and many others. If your dog has the habit of chewing things frequently, you should preferably buy a chewing proof bed for your pet. You need to keep the bed clean. You might find that the bed starts to wear and tear after a number of washes. Once the wear and tear starts, you must make up your mind that the days of your dog bed are numbered. It is best to stop using the bed once it has started losing its comfort. Not washing the bed in order to increase the lifespan on the bed is not an option because if you do that, germs might grow exponentially on the bed and your pet might suffer due to various infections and allergies. So, there is no fixed time for which the bed can be used.