5 Best Harness for Bulldogs in 2018 – English & French Bulldog Harness
Almost all the dog owners are aware of the fact that caring for their pets is much challenging. Though we like to cherish dogs because of their loyalty and loving nature, we cannot control them without a good harness. While buying a harness, you perhaps check out your convenience in managing the dog.
However, it is also essential to know whether your doggie is feeling comfy after wearing the harness. But, all best dog harness models do not suit every dog species. And for best English bulldog harness, you need to choose your harness, considering several factors.
At Glance: Best Harness For Bulldogs
The Best Choice for the English Bulldog is the Puppia Authentic RiteFit Harness. If you are looking to eliminate all the drawbacks of a soft harness, then you must get this harness. The makers have included the adjustability near the neck portion, as it was requested for the previous models. Buckles near the neck portion is easy to release and also adjusts easily for different chest sizes.
If you are a proud French Bulldog owner, don’t miss out on the Ruffwear – Front Range All-Day Adventure Harness which is our favorite among all other options. It is an everyday type of harness which comes with a customizable fit design. The four adjustment points allow you to get the suitable fit as per your dog’s requirement. Padded chest and belly portion give a comfortable fit.
Among the cheap and budget picks, HDP Big Dog Soft No Pull Harness will be the top recommendation. The buckles can be easily clicked up for perfect fits, and it does not choke your pet like the collars usually do during the pullings. There is an extra handle provided on this which gives an additional support and also eases the handling.
Best Harness For English Bulldogs Reviews
- At Glance: Best Harness For Bulldogs
- Best Harness For English Bulldogs Reviews
- Best Harness For French Bulldogs Reviews
- Buyers Guide: Bulldog Harness
1. Julius-K9 IDC Power Harness
JULIUS-K9, a reliable name for a dog harness manufacturer, has offered one of the sturdy straps to control your English bulldog. This well-designed harness, designed with high-quality materials, is also useful to deal with almost all the working doggies.
The most important feature of this product is that this is an Innova Dog Comfort harness, manufactured in a special way to reduce the pressure or stress on your pet’s neck. The harness allows distribution of pressure throughout the dog’s chest. The interior part of this harness is designed with a breathable material so that your canine pet will have no discomfort. The outer fabric is also able to resist water and scratches.
Edge of this harness is highly reflective, and thus, it works as a flashlight at night. The design of the handle is also unique as it allows you in lifting the dog without any effort. A ring is also attached to the harness, and you can hold this ring or handle. The strap is adjustable near the stomach and chest portion. To put the harness on your dog, you just need to use the Velcro.
The brand has offered multiple options of colors and sizes. You can choose any of the fifteen different colored harnesses. Before buying one, it is also essential to read the size chart because the harness size should vary depending on the dog’s chest portion and its weight. However, it is to be noted that the handle is not present in two sizes (intended for the baby bulldogs). You can get a side bag with the harness of particular sizes (zero to four).
- Here the harness has been designed in an ergonomic way, making the handling easy and smooth for the users.
- The material used in the interior portion is skin-friendly. So, the pets won’t feel any itching or have issues related to skin.
- Quality buckles keep the harness firm and perfectly fit on the dog’s body. Therefore, you can stroll around easily with your pup in different places, without any worry.
- Here the buckles won’t get any jammed during the winters and will make all the connections smooth for you.
- Almost all the components have been certified for their quality.
- The stitching done near the metal loop is not much strong than what it is required.
- No other major issue found with this harness thing.
It is one among the cool choices that you can make in the Harness category. They have got interchangeable patches on them, and the velcro near the chest portion gives a perfect fit for your pet. Also, it is a good pick for all having a budget constraint.
2. Puppia Authentic RiteFit Harness
It is another dog harness that you can use for your furry friend. Puppia has already become one of the popular brands to the dog owners because of the convenience it provides to the user. At the same time, the design of this harness is also much fashionable, and most of the dog owners love to hold this harness while spending time with their pets.
The collar portion and also the front part is designed with polyester. You can put it easily in the doggie’s breast area. The harness will cause no inconvenience to the dog at the time of strolling. While some pressure is applied, it will get dispersed all over the dog’s shoulder and neck. However, you have to consider the fact that neck portion of your harness is not flexible. Thus, it is essential to pick the right size for your bulldog.
The overall design of the harness is very lightweight. With softer finish and breathable fabric, the harness is available to the users in nine different colors. There are also four different size options, ranging from the small to the extra-large versions. The chest belt is adjustable to give comfort to your dog. A D-ring and a snap are also attached to this belt so you can hook your harness to a leash.
- It comes with many customizable options, which makes the harness an adjustable model for you.
- Here the sizing is done in such a way that it fits dogs of different breeds too.
- The material is soft for the dog, and it won’t hurt them while they are using the harness.
- The polyester mesh design makes it breathable and it is also light in weight.
- You can choose between 9 colors and there are 4 sizes available for this model.
- The buckle is a tough one to handle, so you may have to put some extra efforts in closing and releasing them from your pet’s body.
Thus, the colorful harness from Puppia allows the dog owners to choose the best option for their pet. Though the size of all bulldogs or any other species is not same, you need to pick the most suitable one for your needs.
3. HDP Big Dog Soft No Pull Harness
Almost all the dog owners know that pulling is one of the most frustrating issues. With dedication and effort, you may be able to solve this problem, there is a special harness, which offers you no pull model.
HDP harness is designed in such a way that your doggie will walk straight with no straining and twisting. It is one of the major reasons for which lots of dog owners have chosen HDP harness. In most cases, the elderly bulldogs have the habit of pulling, while walking with their owners.
Another notable feature of the harness is the user-friendly buckles. This simple system allows a dog owner to prevent their pets from getting slipped from their harness. No matter how active your dog is, you will be able to control it with the help of this harness.
Secure the buckles while using your harness and your dog will never get out of your control. The harness design will also never cause a choking issue to the bulldog. As the chest portion is wider, it allocates the strain all over your dog’s shoulders.
- It is a good harness choice for all the dogs who are into lots of pulling. With the no-choke design, your pet won’t experience any choking condition too.
- The design is simple and allows you to take comfortable strolls along with your pet.
- Quality padding keeps the dog protected as well as gives them a nice fit for all the adventures awaiting.
- There is a D-ring which is present in the center ring, and it allows the pet to move freely and adds better freedom.
- A good harness option for the older dogs as well.
- The pulling of the dogs can be reduced more efficiently and in a better way. So, we felt that it does require some improvement.
The padded part of the harness gives comfort to the dog. Moreover, the handle, attached to the harness, is also convenient for you to tackle the bulldog. The firmly attached D-Ring allows free and smooth movement, and there will be no stress on your hand or on doggie’s body.
Best Harness For French Bulldogs Reviews
You might have heard that Bulldogs are lazy, well the truth is they are actually Not Lazy. If the pet is not fit physically and mentally, then they tend to get lazy and this is a serious issue.
Whereas, if there is harmony in the surrounding atmosphere along with regular evening walks- you will find the difference on your own! So, stop blaming the bulldog, and get set for some activity and action!
We carried out testing for about 15 harnesses and ended up with the following harnesses for the Bulldog. These are the Ruffwear harness and the other one is by the Ecobark Pet Supplies.
1. Ruffwear – Front Range All-Day Adventure Harness for Dogs
This is more like an everyday Harness for the dogs, which is easy to put on and off for the dogs. For better support and safety, Ruffwear includes two leash points for the attachment purpose. Their main mission is to keep the animal set for any kind of adventure and to uplift the exploration side of your pet.
This harness supports customizable fits, and this is made possible with the four attachment points given here. Here the chest and belly side remain rightly padded, which gives you the feature of even weight dispersion. Therefore, your pet won’t experience any extra load on a particular side while putting on the harness.
- The two leash attachment points on the front and back side of the harness have got their own benefits. One on the front side near the chest portion adds control, while the back side attachment allows the dog to have more relaxed walks.
- The customizable fit will get the right fit for your pet and let them move freely with the harness on.
- Almost all their products have been field tested, and come with an amazing guarantee on all the machine defects.
- The harness is available in 5 different sizes, so you can easily get the right fit for your dog.
- The major drawback present on this harness is the strap in use. Many users have reported them to be low in quality, while many of them got the nylon strap tore within short usage time.
The one which we have got here is the Front Range series, and they are very similar to those everyday harnesses. You can put them on your pet even while taking those evening walks, and also for those adventurous trips. Here the attachment rings are made of aluminum, which comes along with the strong webbing done on it. This makes the connection stronger and durable for use.
This Front Range harness have to be slipped down through the head portion, and the side buckles keep the connection intact. It is a well suitable harness for those extra walks, hiking, and almost all kinds of adventure things that you want to try with your furry buddy.
2. The Original EcoBark Maximum Comfort & Control Dog Harness
The second recommendation is The Original EcoBark Dog Harness, which is ultra-soft in design and gives a unique kind of comfort to your pet. This is a light in weight harness, which has got an ultra-padding done on it for support and better fit.
No-choke design keeps your pet safe and also protects the delicate trachea area of them. You can put the harness on the pet, and get set with different activities like hiking, walking as well as running! That’s the specialty of this harness, it goes well with any occasion. You can keep the pet safe and comfortable at all times.
- It is an eco-friendly harness, which comes with quality tested components and toxic-free meshing.
- This model is available in 9 different colors, and 5 sizes! This way you can get the favorite color and a perfect fit for your furry buddy.
- Breathable in nature, so it is a good choice for all the outdoor fun and hiking adventure.
- It is light in weight, therefore easy to carry wherever you go.
- Safety is taken care of with the inclusion of the No-Choke design present here.
- A few of the users mentioned regarding the sizing problem. One user found the smaller size too small for their pet. It is recommended to try out the harness first to confirm the size, before proceeding with the purchase.
In total, there are 6 different sizes available in this. Therefore, you can get them set for any sized pet, and it is going to perfectly fit them too. Here the material used in the making is a breathable one, so it won’t create any kind of suffocation to your furry buddy in the outdoors.
It has got a breathable design and has got a double stitching near the anchor hook portion. Also, many of the components are environment-friendly, so you can be proud of that! It is best for walking, hiking, and has got a breathable design so that your pet won’t feel any kind of suffocation while he/she is with the harness.
Buyers Guide: Bulldog Harness
Having a bulldog is itself a big investment from your side. So do you need a harness for them?
A good responsible pet owner will have both the collar and the harness for their pet. Bulldogs have got a high amount of muscle on their body, and collars are usually worn near the neck side.
Comparing both the collars and the harness, harness keeps it light for the dogs and also ensures a perfect fit for your pet. The collar is installed near the neck portion, while the harness remains attached near the body and the chest portion of the dog.
Also, if you are planning to take your dog along with you for short walks, then harness may not be needed. It is designed for long walks, and also for dealing all the pullings of the bulldog.
Harness Size for French and English Bulldog
There is no harness of a definite size that fits all the Bulldogs. As an owner, you need to take the measurement of your own bulldog. The size of neck, collar, and chest helps you to determine the harness size.
All the pets require regular exercise, and walking is the basic of them all. French Bulldogs are known for their naughty nature, and the powerful pullings- so to control them in a better way you will need a Harness. It is important to get a quality and right fitting harness for your pet.
To get the sizing correct, you need to first understand your French Bulldog. The three main measurements which have to be noted first, are neck circumference, girth area, and finally the chest width. Mark all the accurate measurements for each of them, and get the perfect fit for your bulldog.
This same procedure can be applied for an English bulldog too, where you have to first get the three measurements (marked with the bolded format) before looking out for Harness options. In this way, you can get the perfect size Harness for your Bulldog.
Type of Harness for English & French Bulldogs?
Weight pulling is one of the popular categories of dog harness. However, it is best for those, who have trained their bulldogs. This harness promotes the development of chest and shapes up the dogs’ muscles. Many of these harnesses include lease and shock-absorber.
Tracking harness is also another accepted type, which allows uniform development of a pup’s body. In most cases, the dog owners choose it, when their pets participate in races or competitions.
If you consider harness types, according to their design, then you may find some models, which embrace your dog’s chest. This is a better option for controlling the large-sized bulldogs. Many other models wrap around a dog’s nose portion, and during the pulling action, the pressure will reach the neck’s rear part. However, the best feature of this harness is that it prevents your doggie from barking excessively.
You can also choose an option between front-clip and back-clip harness. The first one allows you to manage the dog’s direction of movement. The latter one is good when you are just walking your dog. Many harnesses are designed only for those bulldogs that have complications at the back. They give comfort to the dogs, causing almost no issue.
Bulldog’s Response to your harness
We know that bulldogs fall into a category of brachycephalic species, and thus, their face is flat and compact. However, in many cases, these breeds have issues, like overheating. This overheating is caused mainly due to their complication in breathing. That is why they give a positive response to the harness and not to the collars. You can walk with your bulldog continuously or train it by putting the harness on the neck.
Bulldogs also feel better with the soft leather-made harness. Moreover, as these leather ones are sturdier, you can get value from the extra longevity. The padded ones also give a wonderful feeling to the muscles and skin of your bulldog.
A well-designed harness controls the natural instinct of a dog. While you are dealing with a pup, the harness may discourage jumping and be pulling, and also reduces the distraction of your doggie. You can walk with your pet peacefully or train it effort with no issue of jerking. But, whether your bulldog will give a positive or negative response depends mainly on what harness design you have chosen. If it is causing inconvenience, the dog will not show friendly behavior.