Best Dog Food For Great Danes of 2019 – Expert’s Recommendation
- Top 4 Best Dog Food for Great Danes
- Reviews of the 4 Best Dry Foods for Great Danes
They say dogs are a man’s best friend, which probably has been proved over the years. Having a pet dog is a dream come true for a lot of us and it is pretty obvious that when you have a dog you have to take care of his food habits and nutritional needs. Dry food is one of the most common type of dog food available in the stores because of the fact that it can be really helpful for your dog’s gums and teeth because it is chewy. At the same time, dry dog food is pocket friendly and can be stored easily. In this article, we discuss about the Best dry dog food available for Great Danes & puppies.
Top 4 Best Dog Food for Great Danes
|Dog Food||Nutritional Value||Grade Value||Amazon|
|Taste of the Wild||Excellent||A+||Check Price|
|Orijen Dog Food||Very Good||B||Check Price|
|Stella and Chewy’s |
|Wellness Dog Food||Very Good||A||Check Price|
Great Danes Nutrition (Diet Needs) : Calories & Protein
*** Please Note : these estimates are calculated from an average Weight of this breed. every dog is different. so, please talk to your vet before making any changes to your Great Dane’s diet.
Diet and Nutritional needs of Great Dane puppy:
Great Dane is a fast-growing German breed of a domestic dog. They are popular and loved because of their giant sizes. So it is obvious that they have a unique food habit as well. Generally, Great Danes grow very fast. They start growing from the first eight to eighteen months. To make this growth even, you need to take care of the type and quantity of food you feed it. As Large Breed Dogs require good amount of Food & Exercise. If you want a healthy puppy which will grow in its own way, protein levels you give it should at least be 23%. You also need to make sure that the food you give has less amount of fat in it, around 12%. Great Dane Puppies might need some more food compared to the fully grown. When you choose food for your Great Dane, you need to remember certain things.
- They can develop arthritis and hip dysplasia. Give them food in a way which promotes slow and balanced growth so that its bones and muscles can grow properly.
- They are prone to bloating so you need to choose their food carefully.
- You can feed fat products which are rich in vitamins or fish oil. That makes your dog’s coat shiny.
Food Allergies of Great Danes and how you should deal with it:
Dogs have a not so sensitive canine digestive tract. They keep eating a lot of unwanted stuff all day but are still fine generally. Great Danes, like every other dog species, are prone to food allergies. They can have an itchy skin, which can be due to yeast overgrowth in the body. Now, what you can do is switch to a single protein food. If the dog feels better after two weeks of changing his diet, you understand that the allergy was due to the food. Most of the dog allergies are protein driven.
They might also have intolerance to certain food products. Unlike popular belief, dogs can be allergic to meat or turkey. Food allergies can cause hair loss, recurring ear infections and skin infections that don’t seem to go. Most of them are due to intolerance towards one or many ingredients towards its food. What you can do is consult your vet and try to change his diet. If that doesn’t help, it is necessarily not a food allergy and needs a different kind of diagnosis. To avoid these allergies, you can actually switch to some of the premium brand of dry foods to keep your dog fit and healthy.
Reviews of the 4 Best Dry Foods for Great Danes
Here are a list of four best dry foods for Great Dane puppies and their pros and cons
Great Dane Raw Diet Recipes
Many owners fall the concept of raw diet. You can also follow raw diet for your pup and see if it works. Following are the ingredients for raw meat recipe.
- Meat: meat should consist of 90% of the meal every day. It can consist of chicken, turkey, lamb, beef or fish.
- You should offer organic meat such as round stomach, liver, kidney or lungs.
- You can offer buffalo, duck, rabbits or ostrich to get the protein levels higher.
- You can also use some vegetables and organic things like eggs, cheese or yogurt.
If you are using vegetables, you can make a vegetable puree, separate the meat pieces according to the meal, then add the puree to the meat and you can mix an egg or cheese to it.
Dogs are meat eaters in general. So any dry food you purchase, which might contain grains, can be unhealthy for your Dane as the digestive system of dogs are not designed to consume grains in that much amount. It may lead to indigestion and loose stool. Raw meals are healthy for your dogs. It can often be better than market products because it is made at home and though a little time consuming, it is really healthy for your dog.
This is what happens when Great Danes really like the Food!!
Great Dane Eating Habits
Great Danes have different eating habits depending on their age.
- As a puppy, you need to maintain one food schedule for a month and then change it. During first 6 months, you feed your pup 3 times a day. When the pup is 7 to 9 months old, reduce that to 2 meals per day. Maintain this amount till the puppy turns 1.
- At the age of 2 months, feed the pup 2 to 4 cups of food. Increase that by one cup every month. A 6 month old should be fed 6 to 8 cups. Increase that to 7 to 9 cups till the puppy is a year old. An adult should be fed 6 to 9 cups and you can feed up to 8 to 14 cups of food.
- Make sure your Dane exercises a lot and accordingly you can increase the diet. Don’t feed your Dane a lot. Maintain a balanced diet depending on the dog’s age and health. And after that you should always consider a Very Good Bed for your Dane as well.