Best Dog Food for English Bulldogs – Nutrition based Picks of 2019
- Best Dry Dog Food for English Bulldogs – Our Picks
- The Top 4 Best Dry Food for English bulldogs Reviews
- What can English bulldog not eat?
As you all know that dogs are considered as human being’s best friend. When you are looking for a dog as a pet, you not only buy a dog rather you adopt a one. Because they also become a part of your family and at the same time a close companion of yours. Looking for a puppy, who are not only perfect for a relaxed apartment living but also at the same time can easily get along with everyone.
Being the most popular breed of dogs in the world, bulldog puppies are the most adorable and cutest thing that you come across. They are great with kids and at the same time serve as the perfect watchdogs.So, what’s the healthiest dog foods for English Bulldogs?
Let’s find out.
Best Dry Dog Food for English Bulldogs – Our Picks
|Dog Food||Nutritional Value||Grade Value|
|Royal Canin bulldog adult dry food|
|Royal Canin bulldog puppy dry food||Very Good||B+||Check Price|
|Purina pro plan dry dog food||Good||A||Check Price|
|Royal Canin medium bulldog dry dog food||Very Good||B||Check Price|
English Bulldogs (Diet Needs) : Calories & Nutrition
*** Please Note : these estimates are calculated from an average Weight of this breed. every dog is different. so, please talk to your vet before making any changes to your English Bulldog’s diet.
English Bulldogs Nutritional Information
Before adopting an English bulldog, you must be completely aware of the foods that you are going to feed your pet with. Like human beings, dogs also must maintain a proper balanced diet. Because a poor diet and exercise on a low frequency can lead to several problems including respiratory, joint problems which sometimes become life-threatening.
Bulldogs are omnivorous and their food must contain a mixture of protein, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals. Always remember that if they are overfed, there is a chance that they can become obese. Depending on the age, health conditions, living conditions, allergies, etc., the dietary needs of a bulldog depends. For an adult bulldog, the calorie requirement is about 1135cal whereas for active and old bulldogs the calorie requirements are 1340cal and 940cal respectively.
- Proteins are necessary because they provide amino acids which rebuild the tissues. A dog food must contain 35% to 55% protein.
- Carbohydrates are the source of production of energy in your dog’s body. Foods such as sweet potatoes, brown rice, oatmeal, barley are rich in carbohydrates.
- A food with 20% to 30% fat is advisable. Fats provide with fatty acids which absorb the fat-soluble vitamins.
- Vitamins and minerals are very vital as they regulate the functions in the body and turns out to be effective for the diet.
- Besides all the nutrition, do not forget the water. They are the elixir of life. Your dog must consume 45 to 55 ounces of water daily. If he wants to drink more, do not stop him. Let him drink more water as much he wants.
What are English bulldog Food Allergies and how to avoid them with correct food choices?
Allergy from food is not a common problem and it might happen to your bulldog also. It is often seen that food allergy might occur if your dog intakes parasites, bacteria or due to some indiscretion eating. Skin allergy happens due to environmental allergens and bacteria. Before you start with the hypoallergenic food trial, you must opt for proper diagnostic rules. A hypoallergenic food trial is one of the reliable ways by which you can easily diagnose food allergies in your bulldog.
Along with skin and food allergies, your dog might also suffer from several other problems which include Diarrhoea, abdominal pain and vomiting. Foods which are highly organic are recommended for your English bulldogs in order to ensure their good health. Avoid feeding onions and grapes, especially resins. Try feeding them with fresh unprocessed fruits and vegetables. A balanced pet diet is very important in order to avoid any kind of food or skin allergy.
Allergies may arise due to the protein source which is found in meat. Chicken is considered to be the most common allergen. Prefer feeding your dog with the meat of a rabbit or a kangaroo rather than duck, turkey, salmon. Consult your veterinary nutritionist before eliminating anything from your dog’s diet. Making the right food choice can save your dog from suffering a food allergy. While your dog is under the hypoallergenic diet trial, then try to eliminate all the offensive allergen and provide the necessary dietary essentials.
Sometimes grains are also the main reason behind such allergies, try to opt the grain free dietary trial. Undetected contaminant in grain and meat can also cause food allergies. Avoid the commercial diets which tend to offer a low-grade quality feed. Avoid choosing extra supplements such as probiotics, chondroitin, fish oil and glucosamine.
A dog diet free from flavourings like toys and treats is at a lower verge of becoming a victim of food allergy. Remove all the flavoured supplements and medication, dairy products, sugar and artificial preservatives. Proteins are essential for the diet but your dog needs the best protein content food. Try to avoid feeding them with foods which are made with low-quality protein ingredients. Water is important but make sure that the sources of water are clean and purified. Swimming pools, puddles contain toxic chemicals, do not let your dog drink water from those places.
The Top 4 Best Dry Food for English bulldogs Reviews
What are some good English Bulldog Food Recipes?
There are some people who would recommend commercialised dog food. The foods undergo a number of chemical processes and treatments which tend to take away the required nutrients. It also contains meat which may be sometimes a dead meat, a leftover meat or meat from euthanized animal.
For these reasons, some of the pet owners recommend homemade dog food. They come with the benefit of being fresh and delicious. Cooking dog food at home can cause lesser nutrient loss thus making it the healthiest dog food. They are also deprived of added preservatives which are surely present in those commercial dog food products. Given below are some examples of homemade dog food recipe:
- Fish Patty Dinner: For this item, all you need to do is chop the potatoes, carrots and celery into small pieces. Mix the drained salmon with egg and flour. After that, form small patties from the salmon mixture and fry them in oil. Serve them with vegetables.
- Doggie Beef Stew: Bake the pieces of potatoes in the oven for about eight minutes. Then cook the beef stew pieces in a frying pan with oil. Now go on adding the flour and water after you have removed the beef. Stir until thick gravy is formed. Then add the beef, potatoes and carrots.
- Turkey & Vegetable Dinner: At first, you have to chop the turkey into pieces and stir-fry in oil. After adding water, carrots and green beans, cook it for five to ten minutes. Serve your bulldog by mixing the turkey in cooked rice.
Nothing can be healthier than these homemade English Bulldog food recipes.
What are the English bulldog eating habits?
Feeding your bulldog is one the important task. If his eating habits are not correct them he might end up having severe health issues.
- Always try to consult the nutritionist for the food that your dog must be fed with or the quantity.
- Never hurry. Moving into a new diet must be a slow transition.
- Always the check the ingredients of the product to ensure the food is formulated for bulldogs.
- By observing his body weight, determine your bulldog’s optimal food consumption level. Never overfed him because this will make him obese.
- Try to maintain a balanced diet chart for your bulldog. His eating habits must always be on schedule. In this way, he can easily become healthier than before.
- Adding supplements such as Yogurt, one hardboiled egg and one teaspoon of canola oil per meal can charge the diet of your bulldog.
Look at this English Bulldog’s Eating Style!!
What can English bulldog not eat?
There are several types of food that you must avoid feeding your bulldog with.
- Treats: Offer them only as a reward. Too many treats can cause problems as they are sensitive to treats. Moreover, they are never as nutritious as food.
- Table scraps: It causes stomach pain, diarrhea, and gastrointestinal problems. Avoid feeding them the table scraps.
- Raw food: When a bulldog is at a younger age, avoid giving him raw food because they are harder to chew and digest. It would highly affect his immune system. Moreover, raw food sometimes contains harmful bacteria.
Try giving him the best food. A healthy dog is a happy dog.