Best Dog Food For Cavalier King Charles Spaniel – Top Picks of 2019
- At Glance: Best Dog Food for Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
- Top 4 Dry Dog Foods for Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Reviews
- 1. Wild Calling Xotic Essentials Rabbit Meal Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
- 2. Royal Canin Cavalier King Charles Wholesome and Natural Adult Dry Dog Food
- 3. Orijen Senior Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
- 4. Iams Proactive Health Adult Dry Dog Food
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Food Recipes
- What are the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel eating habits?
Let’s suppose that it is the time to name some of the dog breeds which have a weak immune system with the added risk of being prone to progressive disorders and diseases. There is chance that nine out of ten times, the veterinary doctors would name the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel as being the top most on the list. Have a look at this detailed guide about Best Dog Foods for Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.
However, as the dog owner of this majestic breed, you must know there is a certain beauty in Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, which the other members of the dog species just don’t have. Without giving up on your dream of owning a pet from the Cavalier King Charles Spaniels breed, focus your energy into knowing all about the food habits, diets and allergies of your dog so that you can protect him from the hereditary illnesses, come what may.
At Glance: Best Dog Food for Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
|Dog Food||Nutritional Value||Grade Value|
|Royal Canin Cavalier King Charles Wholesome |
|Orijen Senior Grain-Free Dry Dog Food||Very Good||A|
|Iams Proactive Health||Excellent||A+|
|Wild Calling Xotic Essentials Rabbit Meal Recipe||Very Good||B|
Calories & Protein
*** Please Note : these estimates are calculated from an average Weight of this breed. every dog is different. so, please talk to your vet before making any changes to your Cavalier’s diet.
Diet & Nutritional Needs
Every dog owner knows how important it is to provide proper dietary nutrition to their beloved pets if one wants to make them strong enough to ward off the genetic disorders which they might develop eventually. The breed of Cavalier King Charles Spaniels is quite likely to develop serious health conditions like the mitral valve disease. This is precisely the reason why instead of buying dog food which has synthetic ingredients such as paraben in it. The only way out here is to create a diet chart which would strengthen the weaknesses which your breed of dog has naturally so that their circulatory system, their liver, kidney and heart work to their full potential without any discomfort.
Some of the reasons why you should depend on home cooked diets:
- These can be tailored according to the nutrient deficiencies present in your dog.
- Since the home prepared meals are not dehydrated to be stored in packets, it wouldn’t be difficult for your dog to digest its food.
- You can ignore the Genetically Modified foods when you are cooking.
Some reasons why experts advise against using home cooked diets for dogs:
- For a dog owner who isn’t a veterinary nutritionist, it is difficult to know exactly what would constitute a well balanced meal.
- The ingredients would be expensive.
- The time spent in cooking wouldn’t give you desirable results in terms of the health of your dog.
Food Allergies and how to avoid them with correct food choices :
Before we start giving you the brief about the food allergies of the Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, we must acknowledge that there is not any sure shot way yet of preventing the occurrence of the health issues. By avoiding some food irritants and supplying your dog with natural and home cooked meals, you can just ensure that you are doing the best that you could to strengthen your dog and his immune system.
Here are some of the foods you should avoid:
- Buy the dog food which is free of wheat, soy and corn.
- Beware against using daily products which cooking meals for your dog.
- Avoid commercially available fog food which has preservatives, sweeteners, flavors and colors.
What healthy food choices can you make for your dog?
- When you are shopping for dog food, make sure that among the first ingredients are listed at least two meat proteins such as fish, beef, lamb or chicken.
- Always opt for whole meats instead of meat meals because in the latter, the moisture is generally taken out.
- Check to see whether your dog food has fats like medium chain fatty acids or the MCFAs or the omega 3 fatty acids, no matter whether it is derived from chicken or fish.
Top 4 Dry Dog Foods for Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Reviews
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Food Recipes
Even though we have mentioned a lot of food restrictions for your beloved dog, you need not worry about his taste palate as it is possible to whip up some delicious recipes which your dog would gobble up in a few seconds:
- Spinach salad: Children and dogs have more in common than you will ever know, such as, in this instance, the hatred towards green vegetables. Make spinach salads at least once a week with proper seasoning and allow your dog to warm up to it.
- Ice cream: Since dogs cannot enjoy any sweet treats, you can try to get past the restriction imposed on dairy products by buying some yoghurt and placing it into the freezer along with blueberries. Take out the cubes when your dog is finished with his meal and let the good boy enjoy the treats straight from your hand.
- Chicken Stew: Buy the breast and thigh pieces of chicken and add it to steaming hot water with a teaspoon of salt, vegetables and herbs. Strain out the herbs when the meat has cooked properly and serve it to your dog with some rice.
- Muffins: You need not exclude any important ingredients when baking muffins for your dog only if you take care to add honey to the batter instead of sugar granules.
What are the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel eating habits?
Last but not the least, if you want to pamper your fluffy bundle of joy, you need to get to the root of your dog’s preferences in food and monitor his regular eating habits. Since Cavalier King Charles Spaniels as a breed have a predisposition towards becoming obese and experiencing nutritional disorders, it might be a good idea to read the label carefully when you are buying commercially available dog food.
Check out this cute record breaking patience of a Cavalier:
Try to cook food for your dog at home itself so that it gets access to healthy food daily, without you having to resort to buying dog food which uses artificial ingredients.