The 5 Best Outdoor Dog Beds of 2020
You are all set for the tripping, but still figuring out the way how to put your furry buddy to sleep while travelling. It’s time to check on the Best Outdoor Dog Bed of this year 2020! Find out our Top Picks along with a detailed review on each of them.
Every dog loves his or her own bed. Dogs have the habit of cuddling up to you on your bed but if they are given their own loveable, comfortable and cozy dog bed, they seldom refuse to let go of it. Having a dog bed for your dog is a very good way to ensure sound sleep both for your pet and yourself.
You can sleep in your bed without any being disturbed by your pet and your pet can sleep soundly in his or her own bed without being rebuked by you for frequently twisting, turning and disturbing. You should consider Best Outdoor Dog Beds with or without Canopy depending on various below given factors and should be waterproof as well.
Top Picks: Best Outdoor Dog Beds
Among all the Dog Beds, the #1 recommendation is the FurHaven Deluxe Orthopedic Pet Bed. Pamper your baby with this FurHaven which has got a waterproof base, and the easy step-on design makes it a perfect choice for all small and old pets. The cover is washable, you just have to unzip it and remove it in seconds.
If you are looking for a Heated outdoor dog bed, then you must check on the K&H Manufacturing Lectro-Soft Bed. This one of those rare manufacturers which tried to understand the user requirement, and strives to produce the best for the pet care. Here the makers believe in innovation, and has been warming up the dogs for more than 30 years now!
For pets with Orthopaedic & Arthritis condition, you can consider The Dog’s Bed, Orthopedic Premium Grade Memory Foam. These are washable and the cover is removable which keeps the mattress safe from the spills. The memory foam and the support foam gives the best sleeping experience for your canine.
|The Refined Canine Outdoor Dog Bed |
|The Dog’s Bed, Orthopedic Premium Grade Memory Foam||High||Yes|
|K&H Manufacturing Lectro-Soft Outdoor Heated Bed||Very High||Yes (Machine washable)|
|FurHaven NAP Pet Bed Egg-Crate Orthopedic Pet Mattress||High||Yes|
The 5 Outdoor Dog Beds of 2020 (Reviews)
- Top Picks: Best Outdoor Dog Beds
- The 5 Outdoor Dog Beds of 2020 (Reviews)
- Buyers Guide
- The Factors to Consider While Buying an Outdoor Dog Bed
- FAQs – Outdoor Dog Beds
- What precautions should I take before leaving my dog outdoors with the bed?
- What size dog bed should I get for my canine?
- Are these outdoor beds easy on the cleaning?
- My pet does not chew bed, so which is the right bed for him/her?
- Are the orthopedic beds only good for the older and senior dog breeds?
- Is there any option to replace the wrong sized Dog Bed?
- Is it safe to wash the inner lining or the interiors of the outdoor dog bed?
A best dog bed need not be always kept inside the room. If your room is not large enough to hold a dog bed, you can definitely go for an outdoor dog bed for your pet. If you have space enough in the yard or in the porch to accommodate a cozy and comfortable outdoor bed for your dog, you must choose one for all-round benefit. The best thing about an outdoor dog bed is that your dog won’t feel stuffy indoors during the warmer months and can enjoy sleeping in the beautiful environment outdoors.
1. The Refined Canine Outdoor Dog Bed
If style is preferred while looking for an outdoor dog bed with canopy for your handsome little darling, this one is an ideal choice. This Refined Canine bed can be placed anywhere on the porch or the patio or even by the poolside when your dog is outdoors. It comes with a unique modern style, which goes rightly well with all the home decors.
Watch your pet sleeping comfortably outside under the shade on a warm, sunny day. Without the canopy on top it can also be placed indoors. The design is apt while the material is comfortable for your darling pet. On a whole, this is the bed for your pet that combines comfort with oodles of style.
- This bed has a stylish lounge style look and a beautiful sun shade on top to comfort your pet.
- The sun shade is made from poly rattan and it provides great sun protection during the day.
- To enhance the comfort level even further the sleeping surface of the bed is elevated and 6 inches thick in size. Being elevated in nature it keeps your pet directly off the ground.
- It is very easy to assemble the bed and remove when not needed.
This pet bed can go well both for outdoors as well as indoors. The Outdoor cushion on the bed is machine washable, so you can clean and maintain easily. It has a weight limit of 55 pounds for the medium sized dogs, and a limit of 75 pounds for large dog breeds. While you enjoy in the sun, your canine can have their me-time in this stylish shade.
2. FurHaven NAP Pet Bed Egg-Crate Orthopedic Pet Mattress
The FurHaven NAP Pet Bed is all you need if you are looking for an outdoor dog bed that is budget friendly and worth the money. This is a simple pet bed that comes with a lot of positive features to enhance the comfort of your sleeping dog.
It is available in a lot of colors that you can choose from considering the color of your dog. The best thing about this bed is that it can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- This is the best bed meant both for indoors and outdoors. You can place it out on the porch or in the yard for your dog, carry it on trips and picnics and also place it on the couch when your dog is in the room.
- The outer cover of the bed is made of poly canvas and is water resistant. This makes it perfect for outdoor use because it is durable and weather resistant. The cover can also be easily removed and washed when dirty.
- The special sleeping surface of the bed is created from egg crate orthopedic foam. This provides the best kind of orthopedic support to dogs with joint pains and problems. If your dog is old, ailing or injured, this kind of orthopedic support is strongly recommended for him or her. The peak and valley feature of this kind of foam takes the shape of the body contours providing the best kind of comfort in sleep.
The only issue found here is that the base is not completely skid-proof, so there are chances of slipping while moving the bed.
With more than 20 colour shades, you could choose the perfect matching dog bed for your pet. Since the cover is removable, you can easily clean them whenever you wish to. Just unzip the cover, and you are cool to go. You can choose among the Caramel, Coffee, Espresso, and other models like Clay.
3. The Dog’s Bed, Orthopedic Premium Grade Memory Foam
One of the main highlights of this Orthopedic Bed is the way it handles pressure. The weight gets evenly distributed, and the mattress gets its original shape back once your pet leaves the bed. Soft in design, this bed will be the ultimate comfort space for your canine.
This is a special orthopedic dog bed meant for older or ailing dogs in order to give them special comfort and support during their sleeping hours. Dogs tend to have joint pains and other orthopedic ailments as they grow older. Injured pets too face the same problem often. This kind of outdoor orthopedic beds lets them have a wonderful time in the yard or garden while being at their comfortable best. Available in three different sizes according to the size of your pet, this is the best bed for outdoor use.
- It is available in three sizes- M, L and XL so that you can choose keeping your dog’s size in mind.
- The sleeping surface is four inches thick which provides comfortable and elevated surface to your dog.
- The inner material has durable foam base with another layer of therapeutic memory foam to provide the best kind of orthopedic support to the dog. It reduces joint pains and takes the shape irrespective of pressure changes on the bed while the dog moves about.
- The size of the bed is large enough for the dog to stretch itself out. This is the best bed for the breeds which like to stretch themselves out.
- The outer cover of the bed is waterproof which protects it from liquid spillage, rains and urinary incontinence. It is also removable and machine washable.
4. K&H Manufacturing Lectro-Soft Outdoor Heated Bed
This product has been brought to you by the K & H Manufacturing Outdoor Heated Bed. It keeps the animal warm and safe both indoors and outdoors. The main material used in the making is of the PVC grade, which is both waterproof and durable in quality. It comes with a 5.5 feet cord which is steel wrapped, that keeps your pet protected.
As the name suggests, the best feature of this bed is that it is heated. This Lectro Soft Outdoor Heated Bed is another well reviewed bed for outdoor use. It has loads of comfortable features to give the best sleep to your darling dog. Even if it is cold outside you can ensure that your dog stays warm and comfortable in his own outdoor bed by heating it easily. The inner material made of memory foam provides great comfort to old and ailing dogs and keeps orthopedic problems at bay.
- The Lectro Soft Outdoor Heated Bed comes with an electrical component and a 5.5 feet cord that can be used to heat the bed. The bed contains an internal thermostat which maintains an optimum temperature to keep the bed warm even if it is cold outside. This keeps the pet’s body warm in bed all night.
- The electrical cord is insulated and charging the bed in order to heat it is a completely safe procedure. There is absolutely nothing to worry about regarding safety issues.
- The bed uses only 40 watts of electricity to be heated which is pretty less.
- The outer layer of the bed is waterproof which makes it resistant to water spillage and urinary incontinence of dogs.
- The sleeping surface is made of orthopedic memory foam which reduces joint pains and other problems faced by dogs.
Even the cleaning and maintenance is easy with the K&H Outdoor Bed. The only major drawback is the length of the cord, so it is must to have a power outlet nearby the installation. We can hope that the makers consider this point, and make considerable changes in their next upgrades. Other than this, the quality has been rightly provided with durable materials used in the making.
5. DMC Weather Resistant Orthopedic Pet Bed
The DMC Weather Resistant Orthopedic Pet Bed is a simple, minimalistic dog bed for outdoor use. It is also one of the popular choices made by dog owners for their canine pets. Being equipped with weather resistant and orthopedic foam support features this is quite a good choice for an outdoor dog bed.
- It measures 30-inch X 40 inch in size which is large enough to hold your pet.
- It also provides ample room for the dog to move about and stretch without having its limbs hanging outside
- It has convoluted or egg-crate foam inside to provide the best kind of orthopedic support to the dog while it is lying on the bed.
- The foam adheres to the body contours to give proper support to the body.
- The outer cover of the bed is waterproof and weather resistant which makes it durable enough.
The polyester covering with the water resistant quality keeps the bed protected for a long time. With the orthopedic support, even the older pets could enjoy on this pet bed. While for cleaning, you just need a damp cloth. You can wipe out all the spills quickly, and get the cleaning done in just minutes. Also, the bed takes the shape of the pet and it gets back to its original shape after the pet leaves the bed.
The Factors to Consider While Buying an Outdoor Dog Bed
The basic difference between an indoor dog bed and an outdoor dog bed is the material and the design. An outdoor dog bed is especially designed to withstand extreme weather conditions and is therefore made of sturdier material. Some points that you should keep in mind before selecting an outdoor dog bed for your dear pet are:
- Material : The first feature that you should look for in your dog bed is the material it is made of. The material should be strong and sturdy as well as soft and comfortable. The outer covering should be strong enough and waterproof to resist weather conditions. The inner material of the bed should have a therapeutic foam surface to help your pet relax comfortably. It also helps to take care of joint pains seen generally in older dogs. People with older pets should go for a memory foam bed to provide a better sleeping surface.
- Size : Selecting the right size of the bed is very important for the optimum comfort of your pet. The bed should not be too big for a small dog and neither should it be too small for your large dog to feel cramped. Remember that not having the right bed will not give your pet good sleep and make him or her angry and irritated. Take care of the dimensions in inches before bringing home a bed for your dog. If he or she is still in the growing phase, it is advisable to choose a larger one as they grow in size pretty soon.
- Shape : Depending upon the kind of area you can have for your outdoor dog bed you should choose the right shape of the dog bed. If you have a kennel with a removable roof, you should choose a dog bed whose shape fits snugly into the kennel without being cramped.
- Heated : Some dog beds come with an electrical unit and an inner thermostat to maintain a certain temperature to keep the dog warm even in cold weather conditions. If the weather conditions in your area is too cold for your dog, this feature is a must have in your outdoor dog bed. Some beds have features to automatically control the heating according to the temperature outside and the dog’s body temperature.
- Elevated : Some dog beds are elevated in their design to keep it dry and away from the ground. If your dog finds it hard to sleep close to the ground, you should always go for an elevated dog bed that does not let the coldness from the floor reach its body. It also keeps the bed dry due to accidental water spillage on the floor.
The most important feature of an outdoor dog bed is that it should be weatherproof. The material must be strong enough to withstand sunlight and other weather conditions for years.
It should also be waterproof to stay put in spite of exposure to accidental water spillage, pet urine, rain and moisture. It is best if your outdoor dog bed comes with a weatherproof outer covering which is machine washable too.
FAQs – Outdoor Dog Beds
Outdoor Dog Beds have got many features which makes it different from any other ordinary dog bed. We have listed the commonly asked doubts on Outdoor Dog Beds, and tried our best in solving them out for you.
What precautions should I take before leaving my dog outdoors with the bed?
Precautions that are needed to be taken with an outdoor dog bed depends on the kind of bed you are using for your dog. If it is an elevated bed, make sure the bedding is strong and sturdy enough to withstand the weight of your dog without sinking down. Also ensure that your dog has not chewed or torn the material of the dog bed to ensure best comfort outdoors. If the bed comes with a heated feature, keep your dog away from the electrical component or cord which it may accidentally chew or bite.
What size dog bed should I get for my canine?
To get the right size for the dog bed, you need to measure the dog’s length out! Take a measuring tape, and measure the length from the tip of the nose to the tail’s end. That will be the minimum length though. If you are not able to get the length measured, you can also get a space measured out on the floor.
You can also consider the outdoor dog bed dimensions which come along with the product’s description. Most of the brands come along with a chart with all the dimensions and product choices. Using this chart, you can also get the right size for your furry buddy.
Are these outdoor beds easy on the cleaning?
Almost all the outdoor dog beds support washable covers. You just got to unzip the covers, and put them inside the machine for washing. We suggest you to read on the cleaning instructions before trying out any of the methods. Some of the bed covers have to be cleaned with mild detergents and run the machine on a delicate cycle.
While there are other orthopedic mattress which does not support machine washing. In that case you can deodorize the cover using baking soda. Another cleaning tip, even if the product recommends machine cleaning, remove the base cushion and clean all the bed components separately.
My pet does not chew bed, so which is the right bed for him/her?
If your pet does not chew away all the bedding, then you can go with the luxury dog beds for them. You will come across many of the brands which offer high-end with upholstery quality microfiber set on it. It will give the best comfort and sleeping time for your pet. You will also find bed choices with the faux-fur on the sleeping surface or you can also go with a fur-less dog bed too.
There are even denim support dog beds available. These are soft on the surface, just like your old worn out pair of jeans. However, not many of these dog beds are resistant to chewing. In this case, you could wait for a while till they have outgrown their chewing phase before purchasing.
Are the orthopedic beds only good for the older and senior dog breeds?
Orthopedic beds can be used by dogs of all ages, there is no age-limit kind of anything here. All the senior dogs which are having hip or joint issues can completely benefit from this type of outdoor dog bed. Well, these have been designed specifically for the pets with similar problems.
Getting a high-end memory foam for a dog weighing twenty pounds or lower – won’t be a good idea though. This is because, they won’t be able to create the right kind of impression on the bed. So, a memory foam won’t do any benefit in that case. For small dogs, you can go with a thinner orthopedic foam pad which will be a better choice.
Is there any option to replace the wrong sized Dog Bed?
Different Dog Bed Brands have got different return policies. If you have received or ordered the wrong sized dog bed, then you can definitely exchange them for a new model. Some of the brand offer a 10 days free return policy, while there are other brands which may charge you for the replacement.
For example, the K9 Ballistics has the 10 days return policy, where the product has to be returned within 10 days of purchase. Also, the bed has to be in a good condition devoid of any tearing, free of dirt, stain, or any kind of odour. Follow the procedure for the return, and get the correct size bed for your pet. In short, yes you can return the wrong sized bed and get the right one delivered at your doorstep.
Is it safe to wash the inner lining or the interiors of the outdoor dog bed?
The answer is, it depends on the brand. Some of the brand allows the bed to be washed as a whole, while there are other brands which only allow the cover to be washed. Just unzip the cover and then add them into the machine. All the dog beds arrive with a tag on them with all the washing instructions on it. Read all the instructions carefully, and follow them accordingly.