Best Memory Foam Dog Beds – 2017 Buyer’s Guide and Reviews
If you have been a pet parent at some point, or are deciding on becoming one, chances are you know how fussy your furbabies can become, especially when it comes to sleeping arrangements. From accommodating their size to making sure they are comfortable enough to use it on a daily basis, finding the perfect dog bed for your dog can be a difficult process. This list of some of the Best Memory Foam Dog Beds will surely help you find that perfect one hopefully.
Most dogs, when brought home as puppies, quickly watch and adapt the behavior of the people surrounding them, that is, you. This means that if you are playful and like open spaces, chances are that they will start doing the same thing. Analyzing this kind of behavior is a key factor in deciding the temperament of your dogs and deciding what kinds of things you should buy for them. But rest assured, most memory foam mattress that are available, tend to have more orthopedic function, which means that your dog can use them for years on end, especially during their old age.
Top 4 Best Rated Memory Foam Dog Beds 2017
|Big Barker 7″ Pillow Top Orthopedic Dog Bed |
|Very High||Yes||Check Price|
|Snoozer Memory Foam Luxury Square Pet Bed||High||Yes||Check Price|
|Integrity Bedding Orthopedic Memory Foam Joint Relief Bolster||Very High||Yes||Check Price|
|Petmate’s Dig & Burrow Orthopedic Bed||Good||Yes||Check Price|
The Factors to Consider While Buying a Memory Foam Dog Bed
It is absolutely impossible to take your dog out with you every time you try to buy something for them. So, let us take a brief look at some of the things that you have to consider before you can invest in a memory foam bed for your dog. Also, you must remember that buying a memory foam bed for your dog is more or less of a trial and error method.
- The Breed Size : The major mistake that people make while buying a memory foam bed for their dogs is that they do not take into consideration the overall size of the breed. This means that they usually buy a small bed when their dogs are pups, only for them to having to replace it as the dog grows older. There also happens, a number of times, a miscalculation of size, that is people end up buying beds that are too small or too large for their dogs.
- The Temperament of the Dog :
sadly, the main reason that most memory foam mattress beds for dogs have such a short lifespan or are destroyed so quickly is because the digs tend to chew on them, especially when their canines are growing. So, take a close look at your dog. If he or she has the tendency to bite or chew through things, then you may have to consider an alternative kind of bed.
- Your Dog's physical condition : memory foam mattress beds are the best for senior dogs, especially the ones suffering from age related arthritis or any other bone issues. This is because the memory foam mattress offers comfort as well as complete bone support. That is why dogs with breathing problems can also make use of this.
- Take a look at your Dog's Allergies : Yes, if you did not know it already, dogs can have allergies as well to certain kinds of materials and stuffing. In order to understand your dog’s allergies better, take them to the nearest vet before you decide on buying a bed, because it may so happen that you end up buying a bed which is made of the exact material that your dog is allergic to, rendering the entire thing useless.
The Top 5 Memory Foam Dog Bed Reviews
Now, there are hundreds of thousands of memory foam mattress beds out there in the market for your pet, which can make the task of choosing just one, a tiny bit difficult. It can be especially overwhelming when you are visiting a pet sore for the first time and have hundreds of options to choose from. But don’t worry, we have got it covered for you. Today, we bring you a brief look at five of the best memory foam mattress beds for your pet that the world has to offer.
1. Big Barker 7 inch with pillow top Orthopedic Dog bed
Big Barker has been a significant name for the past few years, especially when it comes to manufacturing some high quality pet stuff, including beds. That is the reason that there was a lot of buzz surrounding the Big Barker 7” Pillow, which promised to be a very good orthopedic bed for your big dogs, and true to its promise, it did deliver.
- Unlike most memory foam beds which have 6’ foam, this one has 7’ of foam padding.
- Perfect for every dog, especially for bigger dogs.
- Perfect solution for older dogs with special orthopedic needs.
- Comes with an attached pillow for easy propping of head.
- Aesthetically pleasing, the Big Barker 7’ memory foam bed comes in three different colours for you to choose from.
- Unlike most memory foam dog beds, this one promises to hold 90% of its shape and even comes with a surprising guarantee of ten years.
- The memory foam used is of superior quality and has three different kinds of densities to offer complete support for your dog.
- Since it is big, it takes up a lot of room and therefore, has to be spaced in a quite spacious area that allows free movement.
- This memory foam bed is quite heavy and therefore, not at all portable, which means you cannot carry it with you when you go on vacations with your dog.
- The already attached pillow cannot be removed, even if your dog does not like or use it at all.
2. Snoozer Memory Foam Luxury Square Pet Bed
Another big name when it comes to designing functional dog beds, is Snoozer, which has pumped out one good product after another. Thus, it was no surprise that their square memory foam luxury bed was an instant success among dogs and dog owners alike.
- The Snoozer memory foam bed is made from a very high density memory foam that claims to hold its shape after years of use.
- Orthopedic foam which is helpful for your dog even during their old age.
- The outer cover is made of microsuede which can very easily be removed and washed.
- The Snoozer memory foam mattress bed comes in four different sizes.
- Snoozer is known for their high quality memory foam, which is very utilitarian and long lasting.
- The memory foam mattress also comes with a separate pillow which can be easily removed, especially if you are planning on washing your memory foam bed.
- The outer cover is available in a variety of fabrics, which means you do not have to worry about your dog’s allergic reaction to it.
- Since Snoozer is a high end brand, its products tend to be a little on the expensive side, especially their memory foam products.
- Since the bed is a little high, older dogs, especially if they are visually impaired, will have a hard time climbing in or out of the bed.
- Sometimes the outer covering may need special attention, especially when made of delicate material like velvet.
Watch This video on reusing your memory foam mattress and utilize it for a bed!
3. In the Company of Dogs’ Fur Fighter Orthopedic Bolster
In the Company of Dogs specializes in orthopedic beds, and so their beds are always something to look out for, especially if you have a big dog who loves to cuddle in warm places. They have a wide range of memory foam orthopedic beds, some with fabric variations and some with filling variations to choose from.
- Features a memory foam padded bottom along with a circular shaped reclining wall.
- The outer covering, made from polyfiber can be unzipped and washed along with other clothes in the washing machine.
- Offers orthopedic support for senior dogs, hip or joint injuries or other physical conditions.
- Comes in two large sizes and hence perfect for large dogs.
- The covering for this memory foam bed is luxurious and so tightly woven that there are very few chances of dirt or fur getting attached in between the stitching.
- This bed makes use of one layer of memory foam which has been certified by NASA itself.
- To make sure that your dog gets the maximum support, the memory foam bed has also been provided with bolster made of polyfiber filling.
- Unfortunately, the Fur Fighter Orthopedic Bolster memory foam bed is a staggering $250 at least for the medium sized one.
- This particular memory foam bed comes only in two sizes – medium and large, thus you cannot get one for your small dog.
- The denser the memory foam is used in the bed, the more heat it will absorb during the summer, making your dog hot.
4. L.L. Bean’s Therapeutic Dog Couch
While most people know of the brand name L.L. Bean foe their fashionable accessories and clothes for men, women and kid, very few people know of their line which has been designed specifically for pets, or to be more particular, for dogs. For some time now, they have been making some very good memory foam mattress beds for dogs, especially ones that offer orthopedic support. But their most popular and hottest selling dog bed is the Therapeutic Dog Couch.
- The outer covering for this memory foam mattress comes in four distinct colours for you to choose from.
- The covering is also provided with gussets to make sure that it fits snugly into the mattress insert.
- The foam bed is also provided with three separate polyfiber bolsters to offer complete support to your dog.
- It comes in four different sizes – small, medium, large and extra large, and so no matter your dog’s size, you can get one of these.
- The cell based memory foam insert is extremely durable and has been voted as one of the best by the customers.
- The zipper for the foam insert has been provided with an extra covering so that your dog cannot chew on it.
- Unlike most memory foam beds being offered by other companies, this one needs to be assembled by hand, and it can get a little tricky.
- Sometimes, when the weather is humid or if your dog has a tendency to play around in water, the memory foam mattress develops a smell, which needs to be treated.
- This memory foam bed comes with three separate bolsters which have to be stuffed along the sides after the washing of the cover, and it can be difficult to achieve.
5. Petmate’s Dig & Burrow Orthopedic Bed
While almost all of the memory foam beds which we have featured on this list so far have either been square or rectangle with tightly stretched coverings, the Petmate’s Dig and Burrow bed is a little different, in that the covering has a rippling texture so that your dog can burrow into it in order to find the comfort and the warmth that they seek. This is especially perfect for little puppies who seek warmth and tight spaces more compared to adult dogs.
- Unlike most memory foam pet beds, this one has an egg like crate shaped mattress, which encourages the dogs to sleep at the center.
- The egg crate foam based insert reduces the amount of pressure put on your dog’s back, spine as well as the joints.
- The memory foam insert is made up of the highest quality of recycled polyester fiber filling to offer maximum support to your dog.
- This memory foam bed from petmate is perhaps one of the most affordable and utilitarian beds for dogs out in the market today.
- The base is low enough for your dog to easily climb in and out of it without any problems, especially if they are old and suffering physically.
- At 90 dollars, Petmate’s Dig and Burrow Orthopedic Bed is one of the most utilitarian and affordable pet beds out in the market today.
- While this kind of memory foam bed is an excellent source of bone support for small and medium sized dogs, it will not do so well for larger dogs.
- Although this memory foam ripple bed is very affordable, unfortunately it also happens to come only in one size and one color. So, not a lot of options for you to choose from.
- Since the fabric is quite loose, it tends to catch lint, dust and fur quite easily.
Some Frequently Asked Questions about Memory Foam Mattress Beds
How often do I need to wash the memory foam mattress?
The thing with most memory foam mattress beds is that only the outer cover can be removed and washed, and not the memory foam insert itself. So, you can wash the cover, depending on the quality of the fabric, as soon as it gets dirty, but you cannot wash the insert itself.
However, if your memory foam is washable, you have to wash it in cold water using just soap and your hands, as brushing it with harsh and big brushes will damage it. Also, while washing the cover, make sure to dry it out in the sun otherwise it will shrink in size and you will have issues trying to slip the memory foam insert inside later on
What precautions should I take before leaving my dog outdoor with the memory foam mattress?
Honestly, there isn’t much you can do for your dog in order to extend the longevity of your bed, especially if they happen to be a chewer. Just make sure that they do not lie directly on the bed after having dragged themselves through the mud and the water.
Make sure that the zipper and the sewn side are turned downwards so that your dog does not treat it as their personal chew toy. Also, make sure that you do not place the memory foam mattress directly under the sun or in a spray of water as it will definitely destroy the memory foam faster.
How can I make my senior dog more comfortable?
Senior dogs who have issues with their physical structure and eyesight can comfortably use these orthopedic memory foam mattress beds. In order to make things more comfortable, provide them with chewing toys, as it helps with anxiety, perhaps even a comfort blanket or a toy that they love.
Also, place the bed in a quiet corner of the room which remains undisturbed and does restrict the movement of the dog as well, since they will have issues moving around the house in their condition.
So, there you have it, our carefully curated list of the five best memory foam mattress beds for man’s best friend. We encourage you to look them up, compare them and ask around before you make a purchase, to ensure that your dog has nothing but the best.
What do you think? Do you love it or hate it? Did we miss something? Leave us a comment in the section below and let us now. Until then, happy shopping!