The 5 Best Memory Foam Dog Beds of 2019
One of the important qualities of a memory foam bed is that it distributes the weight evenly on the mattress. There are springs provided on the bed which gives a nice support to the user. This goes same with the Best Memory Foam Dog Bed too! Gift your pet the best comfort of their lifetime with a memory foam support mattress. But hey, it’s not easy to choose among the beds.
It is good if you have got some guidance with the selection, and also on how to get the best for your pet.
If you have been a pet parent at some point, or are deciding on becoming one, chances are you know how fussy your furbabies can become, especially when it comes to sleeping arrangements. From accommodating their size to making sure they are comfortable enough to use it on a daily basis, finding the perfect dog bed for your dog can be a difficult process. This list of some of the Best Memory Foam Dog Beds will surely help you find that perfect one hopefully.
Most dogs, when brought home as puppies, quickly watch and adapt the behavior of the people surrounding them, that is, you. This means that if you are playful and like open spaces, chances are that they will start doing the same thing. Analyzing this kind of behavior is a key factor in deciding the temperament of your dogs and deciding what kinds of things you should buy for them. But rest assured, most memory foam mattress that are available, tend to have more orthopedic function, which means that your dog can use them for years on end, especially during their old age.
At Glance: Best Memory Foam Dog Beds
Our Best Pick among all the memory foam beds is the Big Barker 7 inch with Pillow Top Orthopedic. The makers have considered three main points for this bed- amazing support and comfort, elegant design, and something which is easy on the cleaning part. There is a 7 inch therapeutic foam used in the making, which is just the same foam used in other expensive furniture.
You can opt for the In the Company of Dogs’ Fur Fighter Orthopedic Bolster, if you are looking for a bolster support on the dog bed. It comes with the NASA-certified memory foam with all the amazing therapeutic benefits for the ailing pets. The cover can be unzipped for cleaning and washing. You can set this Memory Foam Dog Bed for canines of almost any age group.
The next recommendation is a budget-friendly bed which is Petmate’s Dig & Burrow Orthopedic Bed. It allows your canine to enjoy their burrowing and the fabric is designed in such a way that it can take a lot of natural digging. The main portion of the bed is covered with high quality polyester fiber fills, and comes with modern style fabric.
|Big Barker 7″ Pillow Top Orthopedic Dog Bed |
|Snoozer Memory Foam Luxury Square Pet Bed||High||Yes|
|Integrity Bedding Orthopedic Memory Foam Joint Relief Bolster||Very High||Yes|
|Petmate’s Dig & Burrow Orthopedic Bed||Good||Yes|
The Top 5 Memory Foam Dog Bed Reviews of 2019
- At Glance: Best Memory Foam Dog Beds
- The Top 5 Memory Foam Dog Bed Reviews of 2019
- 1. Big Barker 7 inch with Pillow Top Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed
- 2. Snoozer Memory Foam Luxury Square Pet Bed
- 3. In the Company of Dogs’ Fur Fighter Orthopedic Bolster
- 4. L.L. Bean’s Therapeutic Dog Couch
- 5. Petmate’s Dig & Burrow Orthopedic Bed
- The Factors to Consider While Buying a Memory Foam Dog Bed
- Some Frequently Asked Questions about Memory Foam Mattress Beds
Now, there are hundreds of thousands of memory foam mattress beds out there in the market for your pet, which can make the task of choosing just one, a tiny bit difficult. It can be especially overwhelming when you are visiting a pet sore for the first time and have hundreds of options to choose from. But don’t worry, we have got it covered for you. Today, we bring you a brief look at five of the best memory foam mattress beds for your pet that the world has to offer. We always make sure that we recommend the best dog beds available on the market only.
1. Big Barker 7 inch with Pillow Top Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed
Big Barker has been a significant name for the past few years, especially when it comes to manufacturing some high quality pet stuff, including beds. That is the reason that there was a lot of buzz surrounding the Big Barker 7” Pillow, which promised to be a very good orthopedic bed for your big dogs, and true to its promise, it did deliver.
- Unlike most memory foam beds which have 6’ foam, this one has 7’ of foam padding.
- Perfect for every dog, especially for bigger dogs.
- Perfect solution for older dogs with special orthopedic needs.
- Comes with an attached pillow for easy propping of head.
These dog beds are built to run for a long time, and it won’t easily flatten out quickly like other normal bed. While many users mentioned that the Memory Foam Dog Bed takes a lot of the space, so understand the specifications before purchasing this memory foam bed. It goes well for dogs of all ages, and the orthopedic support gives a comfort to the pets facing joint issues.
2. Snoozer Memory Foam Luxury Square Pet Bed
Another big name when it comes to designing functional dog beds, is Snoozer, which has pumped out one good product after another. Thus, it was no surprise that their square memory foam luxury bed was an instant success among dogs and dog owners alike.
- The Snoozer memory foam dog bed is made from a very high density memory foam that claims to hold its shape after years of use.
- Orthopedic foam which is helpful for your dog even during their old age.
- The outer cover is made of microsuede which can very easily be removed and washed.
- The Snoozer memory foam mattress bed comes in four different sizes.
Gift your pet a cozy time on this Snoozer Memory Foam Dog Bed. There is a separate pillow setup on the dog bed which is topped by a 1 inch memory foam, and this ensures that the pet has an incredible time while resting and sleeping on this bed.
Along with different sizes, you also get the option to opt for the fabric type here. If your pet is having any kind of allergy with a fabric, then you can skip on that fabric and opt for any other one.
3. In the Company of Dogs’ Fur Fighter Orthopedic Bolster
In the Company of Dogs specializes in orthopedic beds, and so their beds are always something to look out for, especially if you have a big dog who loves to cuddle in warm places. They have a wide range of memory foam orthopedic beds, some with fabric variations and some with filling variations to choose from.
- Features a memory foam padded bottom along with a circular shaped reclining wall.
- The outer covering, made from polyfiber can be unzipped and washed along with other clothes in the washing machine.
- Offers orthopedic support for senior dogs, hip or joint injuries or other physical conditions.
- Comes in two large sizes and hence perfect for large dogs.
This one is undoubtedly the most elegant dog bed in our list, so if you are looking for the best in design then this is the right choice you can make. Along with the design, it comes with quality memory-foam support on it. Also, the fabric is tightly woven so it keeps all the dirt and fur entirely out from the foam bed.
4. L.L. Bean’s Therapeutic Dog Couch
While most people know of the brand name L.L. Bean foe their fashionable accessories and clothes for men, women and kid, very few people know of their line which has been designed specifically for pets, or to be more particular, for dogs. For some time now, they have been making some very good memory foam mattress beds for dogs, especially ones that offer orthopedic support. But their most popular and hottest selling dog bed is the Therapeutic Dog Couch.
- The outer covering for this memory foam dog bed mattress comes in four distinct colours for you to choose from.
- The covering is also provided with gussets to make sure that it fits snugly into the mattress insert.
- The foam bed is also provided with three separate polyfiber bolsters to offer complete support to your dog.
It comes with a small assembling work, and this can get the user confused. No need to worry! You can contact the customer care executives for guidance on the installation details. Otherwise, this dog bed is a good pick too and has a snug-fit quality.
5. Petmate’s Dig & Burrow Orthopedic Bed
While almost all of the memory foam beds which we have featured on this list so far have either been square or rectangle with tightly stretched coverings, the Petmate’s Dig and Burrow bed is a little different, in that the covering has a rippling texture so that your dog can burrow into it in order to find the comfort and the warmth that they seek. This is especially perfect for little puppies who seek warmth and tight spaces more compared to adult dogs.
- Unlike most memory foam pet beds, this one has an egg like crate shaped mattress, which encourages the dogs to sleep at the center.
- The egg crate foam based insert reduces the amount of pressure put on your dog’s back, spine as well as the joints.
- The memory foam insert is made up of the highest quality of recycled polyester fiber filling to offer maximum support to your dog.
Now, you don’t have to stop the natural burrowing of your dog! This is because the bed has been designed in a way to indulge them into more burrowing. The bed is topped with soft designer fabric giving your canine the best resting time on this. In this way, both the user and the pet requirements are taken care of in the correct way.
The Factors to Consider While Buying a Memory Foam Dog Bed
It is absolutely impossible to take your dog out with you every time you try to buy something for them. So, let us take a brief look at some of the things that you have to consider before you can invest in a memory foam bed for your dog. Also, you must remember that buying a memory foam bed for your dog is more or less of a trial and error method.
- The Breed Size : The major mistake that people make while buying a memory foam bed for their dogs is that they do not take into consideration the overall size of the breed. This means that they usually buy a small bed when their dogs are pups, only for them to having to replace it as the dog grows older. There also happens, a number of times, a miscalculation of size, that is people end up buying beds that are too small or too large for their dogs.
- Your Dog’s physical condition : memory foam mattress beds are the best for senior dogs, especially the ones suffering from age related arthritis or any other bone issues. This is because the memory foam dog bed offers comfort as well as complete bone support. That is why dogs with breathing problems can also make use of this.
- Take a look at your Dog’s Allergies : Yes, if you did not know it already, dogs can have allergies as well to certain kinds of materials and stuffing. In order to understand your dog’s allergies better, take them to the nearest vet before you decide on buying a bed, because it may so happen that you end up buying a bed which is made of the exact material that your dog is allergic to, rendering the entire thing useless.
Sadly, the main reason that most memory foam mattress beds for dogs have such a short lifespan or are destroyed so quickly is because the dogs tend to chew on them, especially when their canines are growing. So, take a close look at your dog. If he or she has the tendency to bite or chew through things, then you may have to consider an alternative kind of bed.
Some Frequently Asked Questions about Memory Foam Mattress Beds
How often do I need to wash the memory foam mattress?
The thing with most memory foam mattress beds is that only the outer cover can be removed and washed, and not the memory foam insert itself. So, you can wash the cover, depending on the quality of the fabric, as soon as it gets dirty, but you cannot wash the insert itself.
However, if your memory foam dog bed is washable, you have to wash it in cold water using just soap and your hands, as brushing it with harsh and big brushes will damage it. Also, while washing the cover, make sure to dry it out in the sun otherwise it will shrink in size and you will have issues trying to slip the memory foam insert inside later on
What precautions should I take before leaving my dog outdoor with the memory foam mattress?
Honestly, there isn’t much you can do for your dog in order to extend the longevity of your bed, especially if they happen to be a chewer. Just make sure that they do not lie directly on the bed after having dragged themselves through the mud and the water.
Make sure that the zipper and the sewn side are turned downwards so that your dog does not treat it as their personal chew toy. Also, make sure that you do not place the memory foam mattress directly under the sun or in a spray of water as it will definitely destroy the memory foam faster.
How can I make my senior dog more comfortable?
Senior dogs who have issues with their physical structure and eyesight can comfortably use these orthopedic memory foam mattress beds. In order to make things more comfortable, provide them with chewing toys, as it helps with anxiety, perhaps even a comfort blanket or a toy that they love.
Also, place the bed in a quiet corner of the room which remains undisturbed and does restrict the movement of the dog as well, since they will have issues moving around the house in their condition.
So, there you have it, our carefully curated list of the five best memory foam mattress beds for man’s best friend. We encourage you to look them up, compare them and ask around before you make a purchase, to ensure that your dog has nothing but the best.
What do you think? Do you love it or hate it? Did we miss something? Leave us a comment in the section below and let us now. Until then, happy shopping!