What Are The Best Harnesses For Husky
If you have a husky at home that is always running away and is difficult to control, you may be just well looking for a harness to keep him in control. Apart from looking for good and sturdy material, comfort for your pet is what is of utmost importance. Buying a perfect harness for a Husky can help you to keep him in control daily and help you to train him as well. Here is all the information that you need to know before selecting the right harness for a Siberian Husky.
Top 3 Best Harness For Husky - Trainer's Choices
(Trainer's best Choice)
What Size Harness is good For A husky?
The small harness has 18 to 26 inches of girth size while the XL size harness has 34 to 36 inches of girth size. Usually, the advanced harnesses in the market have adjustable settings according to the size of the dog. Check the size of the dog or the age mentioned before buying the harness. A medium sized harness can serve you well for long before your dog becomes too big for it.
The problems with buying harnesses are that you can hardly get the size right. When the pups are too small, the harnesses become too big for them to escape and buying a small one is hardly of use for a few months even as they grow big pretty fast. It is good to go for a medium sized harness at first for your Husky and use it at the smallest setting.
What Type of Harness is best suitable for husky?
The market has two types of harnesses available for Huskies.
- Pulling harnesses : Huskies are get pullers and are born for activities like pulling sledges. If keeping a Husky has got special purposes like pulling a cart or sledge, it is important to use the right kind of harnesses for him. A pulling harness evens out the pressure on his chest and shoulder region so that he can pull effectively while being free and comfortable at the same time. To train the husky for pulling activities like pulling sledges, carting, skijoring, dog scootering, etc. it is important to select the right pulling harness.
- Non-pulling harnesses : As the name itself suggests, is meant for training a Husky and to take him out for casual walks. As Huskies have got a natural instinct to run and pull, they get difficult to control when you take them out for walks. They tend to pull along the trainer and run off. To make him obedient, prevent him from pulling at the harness and bring him under control, it is important to use a non-pulling harness. If you too want your Husky to be obedient in spite of being naturally energetic, get him a non-pulling harness that prevents him from pulling at the leash while not making him uncomfortable at all. These have the leash clipped on the dog’s chest instead of the neck to prevent the pulling habit.
The Top 3 Best Harnesses for Husky Reviews
1. Canine Equipment Ultimate Pulling Dog Harness
This is definitely one of the most comfortable pulling harnesses you can find in the market for your husky. The thick neck and shoulder padding give ultimate support as well as comfort to your dog.
- The harness has got fleece lining to increase the traction and minimize shifting.
- It has also got extra soft padding in the shoulder and neck region to provide supreme comfort to the dog.
- The design and comfort provided by the harness distributes the weight across the shoulders and chest of the dog and does not put any pressure on its back or throat region.
- The harness can be adjusted at different settings to get the perfect fit.
- It has a safety shackle snap for keeping your dog in control and quick operation in case it tries to run away.
- The harness is quite large in size and is perfect for a husky with girth size of 29-39 inches and 40-75 pounds’ weight.
- It distributes the weight of pulling across the chest and shoulder region of the husky.
- It is extremely comfortable.
- The harness can be adjusted for perfect fit.
- Safety shackle snap for quick release operation.
Things you could do after buying a harness for your husky
2. Ultra Paws Adjustable Pulling Harness
If you are looking for an ideal pulling harness for your growing husky, this can be the one to go for. It has a broad spectrum of fit which can be adjusted according to the growing size and weight of your husky. Made for medium to light pulling activities, it has a comfortable and sturdy build to support your dog while giving it extra comfort during strenuous activities.
- The extra comfortable padding at the chest and neck sections have been done to make sure that your dog is at utmost comfort.
- To provide extra support to your dog, the floating O-ring of the harness does not let too much stress fall upon the dog’s hips while it is pulling a load at an angular direction.
- The belly strap of the harness does not let the husky back out of it while in activity.
- Three adjustable sizes make it easier to fit your dog perfectly and choose the right size for growing dogs.
- Belly strap of the harness prevents the dog from backing out.
- The floating O-ring provides less stress on the hips.
- The harness size can be adjusted accordingly for perfect fit and thus is best for growing dogs.
- Best harness for light to medium pulling activities.
3. Wiggles Wags & Whiskers Freedom No-Pull Harness Training Package
This is definitely one of the best reviewed non-pull harnesses in the market for energetic dogs like huskies. If you do not want your dog to be involved in pulling activities and want him for simple walking purposes, this is the best kind of harness you can get for him to keep him in control and prevent any kind of pulling habit. There are hardly any complains by customers regarding this. Reviewers have highly praised how it has limited the pulling and lunging habit of highly active dogs and brought them under control on comfortable walks. It is the ideal kind of harness you need for leash training of your active and energetic Siberian Husky.
- The non-pull harness fits 23"-28" girth of chest and comes with the leash.
- The special design of this non-pull harness helps to minimize or do away with the pulling activity of the dog. It also reduces the risk of escape and pulling away.
- The strap of the harness is made of comfortable Swiss velvet. This strap wraps around the legs of the dog and does not chafe or rub against its body. Thus, there are no chances of sores and cuts.
- Comfort of the dog is the ultimate goal and the entire build maximizes comfort.
- The leash is double ended and can be adjusted either on the front or the back according to convenience.
- Harness and leash are of the best quality.
- Best non-pulling harness in the market.
- Limits the pulling activity of the husky and is perfect for training him to walk obediently.
- Huskies adjust very easily to it and do not show any resistance to it.
- Brilliant design and comfortable build gives utmost comfort to the husky.
How do husky respond to harnesses?
As already discussed, there are two types of Husky harnesses. Husky generally intends to pull more if you put a harness. They have the habit of pulling inbred in them. Huskies are born for pulling and it is difficult to train them not to do so. In case of pulling or sled harnesses, these help the Husky to balance the pressure and pull or sled more effectively.
They adapt very well to these accessories. In case of non-pull harnesses, the Husky cannot pull away even if he tries to initially. It can be used as a long-term solution to solve the problem of training your husky and restraining him from the natural habit of pulling and chasing after things. Even if it is against their nature to be held back, Huskies are not unfriendly towards non-pull harnesses. check out top harness brands.