Best Dog Beds for Chihuahua & their Sleeping Habits
Just after introducing the new member to your family, your job is far from done. Yes, I am talking about the new pup that you have brought to your home. You need to make sure that your pet enjoys complete comfort at your place so as to gradually adopt it as their own. One of the most important things that you need to invest on for your pet is the bed.
You might think that dogs are always comfortable lying down on the floor and have their share of sleep and rest wherever they want. However, you might be surprised to know that different kinds of beds are required for different breeds of dogs. If you are having a Chihuahua, the kind of bed he needs is different from that of others. The top three beds suited for your Chihuahua are listed below.
Top Choices of best dog beds for Chihuahua
|Precision Pet Shearling Round Bed||Very High||Yes||High||Check Price|
|PetFusion Ultimate Pet Bed & Lounge in Premium Edition (Editor's Choice)||High||Yes||High||Check Price|
|Elevated Cooling Pet Bed||Medium||Yes(machine wash)||Very High||Check Price|
Characteristics of Chihuahua
Please Note : the above calculations were taken from various vets survey and may differ. the 2. health issues segment means "level of health issues Chihuahuas tends to have ". 3. Exercise Needs means " level of daily activity needed ".
The Top 3 Chihuahua dog bed Reviews
1. Precision Pet Shearling Round Bed
this is perhaps the best way of spoiling your Chihuahua! This is an extremely stylish bed. The luxurious bed is made up of chenille fabric which adds to the softness. Moreover, the polyester filling adds to the comfort. Additional support to the bed is offered by the bolster sides that are stuffed. This bed which is sure to be a favorite for your Chihuahua can be washed in machine making it easier to clean. The manufacturers are well known among dog lovers for manufacturing various products since 1985. You can choose from the variety of colors that are available.
- The design is such that wear and tear is avoided efficiently.
- Even if your pet is very active and not a calm one, this bed is suitable for your pet who likes to snuggle or burrow as well!
- It is made up of the strongest materials.
- It can be machine washed in a cold gentle cycle.
- The bed is waterproof.
- Customers complain that the bed is thin.
- The bed lacks stability and the lining can be easily pulled apart.
- The bed cannot be dismantled into smaller parts which make it difficult to be carried around.
2. Elevated Cooling Pet Bed
this is the place best suited for relaxing time of your Chihuahua. The bed is designed in the style of a cot and it keeps your pet in a suspended position above the ground. This enhances the comfort greatly. You can easily clean it with the help of a hose by spraying. Feel free to separate the mesh fabric from the frame and then wash it in the washing machine.
- The design lifts your pet about seven inches above the ground, thereby allowing easy flow of air.
- The durable fabric adds to the breathability.
- The bed keeps your pet cool.
- The bed is of light weight, but sturdy and strong.
- The corners of the frames are curved gently thereby ensuring safety.
- Easy to assemble.
- The mesh fabric is short for the frame.
- The fabric is not stretchable.
3. PetFusion Ultimate Pet Bed & Lounge in Premium Edition
if you are tired of the beds that are very much prone to wear and tear, then this should be the right choice for you. The modern design fits in to your home décor. This attractively designed bed is designed with premium materials. The construction is sturdy and there are smart features which further add to the value for your money. Each of their products is made to go through a number of tests and then they are certified for usage by the customers. The beds are made up of foam of high density.
- The bolster is situated externally. This bolster can be used by your pet as head rest or for the nestling purpose.
- The outer covering is removable. So you can wash it separately. Replacement covers are also available for this model.
- The model is available in multiple colors and sizes to meet your requirements.
- The cover is tear resistant and water resistant.
- Hair does not stick to it.
- The base and the bolsters are such designed that they elevate the level of comfort.
- This is perfect if your Chihuahua is suffering from joint pain.
- The polyester is very comfortable and durable as well.
- The zipper for the cover is not well fastened. They often come out during washing.
- The liner is too thin to have a long lifespan.
- The quality of the cover is not good even though the bed itself has no complaints.
- The seams get busted after little usage.
The Sleeping Habits of Chihuahua
A newly born Chihuahua sleeps almost the entire day till the age of seven weeks. They sleep for twenty totwenty-three hours per day. They wake up roughly at the intervals of two hours. After reaching the age of three weeks, there is noticeable change in the sleeping pattern, putting an end to the prolonged sleeps.
The Chihuahua puppies sleep very deeply and are highly active when they are awake. Between the age of two and six months, the puppy sleeps for about eighteen hours. Between six months and one year, the sleeping hours decrease by one hour or two. The adult Chihuahuas sleep for twelve to fifteen hours a day.
This comprises of the sleep during the night and the naps taken throughout the day, which varies from dog to dog. With aging, the Chihuahuas slow down and tire out easily thereby leading to frequent and longer naps. The senior members of the Chihuahua family sleep for sixteen to seventeen hours a day.
why do chihuahuas sleep under covers ?
Chihuahuas have very less amount of body fat and very scarce distribution of body hair. This is the main reason why they like being under a blanket or so for cover for keeping warm. It is perfectly safe for them to be hidden under double layers of blankets while they are sleeping, especially during winter. You do not have to worry that he might get suffocated because he too has the instinct to determine the amount of covering that is needed.