Best Dry Dog Food For Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
Let’s suppose that it is the time to name some of the dog breeds which have a weak immune system with the added risk of being prone to progressive disorders and diseases. There is chance that nine out of ten times, the veterinary doctors would name the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel as being the top most on the list. Have a look at this detailed guide about Best Dog Foods for Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.
However, as the dog owner of this majestic breed, you must know there is a certain beauty in Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, which the other members of the dog species just don’t have. Without giving up on your dream of owning a pet from the Cavalier King Charles Spaniels breed, focus your energy into knowing all about the food habits, diets and allergies of your dog so that you can protect him from the hereditary illnesses, come what may.
Top 4 Choices for Best Dry Dog Food for Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
|Dog Food||Nutritional Value||Grade Value|
|Royal Canin Cavalier King Charles Wholesome |
|Orijen Senior Grain-Free Dry Dog Food||Very Good||A||Check Price|
|Iams Proactive Health||Excellent||A+||Check Price|
|Wild Calling Xotic Essentials Rabbit Meal Recipe||Very Good||B||Check Price|
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel (Diet Needs) : Calories & Protein
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel diet & Nutritional Needs
Every dog owner knows how important it is to provide proper dietary nutrition to their beloved pets if one wants to make them strong enough to ward off the genetic disorders which they might develop eventually. The breed of Cavalier King Charles Spaniels is quite likely to develop serious health conditions like the mitral valve disease. This is precisely the reason why instead of buying dog food which has synthetic ingredients such as paraben in it. The only way out here is to create a diet chart which would strengthen the weaknesses which your breed of dog has naturally so that their circulatory system, their liver, kidney and heart work to their full potential without any discomfort.
Some of the reasons why you should depend on home cooked diets:
- These can be tailored according to the nutrient deficiencies present in your dog.
- Since the home prepared meals are not dehydrated to be stored in packets, it wouldn’t be difficult for your dog to digest its food.
- You can ignore the Genetically Modified foods when you are cooking.
Some reasons why experts advise against using home cooked diets for dogs:
- For a dog owner who isn’t a veterinary nutritionist, it is difficult to know exactly what would constitute a well balanced meal.
- The ingredients would be expensive.
- The time spent in cooking wouldn’t give you desirable results in terms of the health of your dog.
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Food Allergies and how to avoid them with correct food choices :
Before we start giving you the brief about the food allergies of the Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, we must acknowledge that there is not any sure shot way yet of preventing the occurrence of the health issues. By avoiding some food irritants and supplying your dog with natural and home cooked meals, you can just ensure that you are doing the best that you could to strengthen your dog and his immune system.
Here are some of the foods you should avoid:
- Buy the dog food which is free of wheat, soy and corn.
- Beware against using daily products which cooking meals for your dog.
- Avoid commercially available fog food which has preservatives, sweeteners, flavors and colors.
What healthy food choices can you make for your dog?
- When you are shopping for dog food, make sure that among the first ingredients are listed at least two meat proteins such as fish, beef, lamb or chicken.
- Always opt for whole meats instead of meat meals because in the latter, the moisture is generally taken out.
- Check to see whether your dog food has fats like medium chain fatty acids or the MCFAs or the omega 3 fatty acids, no matter whether it is derived from chicken or fish.
The Top 4 Dry Dog Foods for Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Reviews
1. Wild Calling Xotic Essentials Rabbit Meal Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
This dog food is not only great when you are trying to keep your dog healthy, but it is also effective when your pet is suffering from any kind of food allergy or skin problem. This brand in specific, utilizes several exotic meat proteins like that of bison and kangaroo, which are not only rare in several commercially available dog foods but also they contain the least chances of getting an allergic reaction when combined with any other supplement like kibble. By making the most of the limited ingredient technology, the Wild Calling Dog Food helps make the food your dog consumes to be easily digestible. This brand keeps on altering the kind of meat protein they use in the manufacture process so you can rest assured that your dog would not be overtly exposed to any one particular kind of meat protein.
- It is completely gluten free and grain free
- It has a special ingredient known as the ‘biotic blend’ along with omega 3 fatty acids, vegetables, fruits and carbs
- The scientific method of rotational feeding that this brand uses pays off in the long term benefits
- The dietary needs of your dog and his sensitivities will be taken care of with this dog food
- It is quite expensive. If you are looking for a moderately priced product which doesn’t satisfy all your dog’s dietary requirements, you need to look elsewhere
- People often don’t like the fact that this product contains turkey fat though the reasons remain unspecified
- You need to make a schedule of which protein from this brand you are feeding your dog so that you can change up his schedule after a few weeks.
- You have to pour out a generous amount of water at regular intervals so that your dog can digest it properly.
2. Royal Canin Cavalier King Charles Wholesome and Natural Adult Dry Dog Food
The Royal Canin website proudly boasts that they have their manufacturing plants at South Dakota, Missouri and the US where their company owned plants provide the best of technology. This dog food is composed of ingredients such as dehydrated protein of poultry, rice, dehydrated tomato, grape extracts, fish oil, animal fats, green tea, soya oil, marigold extract, hydrolyzed cartilage and borage oil. You can start using it as early as when your Cavalier King Charles Spaniel would be ten months old.
- It is specialized for the use of Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, which is rarely the case when most of the dog food brands in the market are concerned.
- The product is manufactured keeping in mind a proper nutritional plan for the dog
- No one can beat the food safety standards which are maintained at Royal Canin plants
- Pet professionals, dog owners and veterinarians are often invited to give their opinion on how to make this product better so that it keeps evolving continuously
- It is generally used as a treat for dogs rather than complete meals in themselves since it is costly
Check out this cute record breaking patience of a Cavalier
3. Orijen Senior Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
This dog food is specifically meant for those people who are confused as to what to feed the Cavalier King Charles Spaniels when they grow older and find it impossible to digest and metabolize nutrients like protein. The Orijen Senior dog food will guarantee to supply you with quality protein meals which you can then feed to the aged Cavalier dogs. By using this one, you can ensure that even though your dog grows old, his blood sugar level would remain completely steady. Since this dog food has a low carb and glycemic level with ingredients like chondroitin and glucosamine, you can expect that it would help the joints of your dog in becoming stronger.
- Orijen has been proven to be a part of the biologically appropriate diet plan for Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.
- Completely free from preservatives in order to promote the growth of lean muscle mass
- Limits the ability of older dogs to gain weight and become obese
- It utilizes 15% of fresh fruit and 85% of animal ingredients while manufacturing.
- Since all the ingredients are farmed locally, they are loaded with nutrients that nourish your dog.
- There have been discrepancies in the packaging of this product, where some of the dog food has been kept in sealed, vacuumed packets while other have not.
- If your dog is allergic to berries, it might be a better idea to give this one a miss because it is made of blueberries and cranberries.
4. Iams Proactive Health Adult Dry Dog Food
When you consider large breed dogs like the Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, they need some specialized food with proper nutritional constituents. The joints can be made healthy with the help of the naturally sourced glucosamine present in the dog food. Since real meat proteins are utilized as the primary ingredients, it can help in maintaining lean muscle mass. The antioxidants nourish the dog’s immune system and circulatory system.
- You can choose the size of your dog before ordering this specialized dog food
- Whether you are looking for nutrition or kibble, this brand will provide you with both.
- The glucosamine and essential minerals promotes healthier joints
- The omega 6 fatty acid ensures that your dog has the softest and the shiniest coat in your neighborhood.
- The egg and chicken proteins support the growth of strong muscular structure.
- You would have to measure out the recommended amount of dog food everyday so that your pet can get in shape.
- Your dog needs to have clean and fresh water at all times if you want this dog food to show its benefits.
- Some dogs have been allergic to this dog food.
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Food Recipes
Even though we have mentioned a lot of food restrictions for your beloved dog, you need not worry about his taste palate as it is possible to whip up some delicious recipes which your dog would gobble up in a few seconds:
- Spinach salad: Children and dogs have more in common than you will ever know, such as, in this instance, the hatred towards green vegetables. Make spinach salads at least once a week with proper seasoning and allow your dog to warm up to it.
- Ice cream: Since dogs cannot enjoy any sweet treats, you can try to get past the restriction imposed on dairy products by buying some yoghurt and placing it into the freezer along with blueberries. Take out the cubes when your dog is finished with his meal and let the good boy enjoy the treats straight from your hand.
- Chicken Stew: Buy the breast and thigh pieces of chicken and add it to steaming hot water with a teaspoon of salt, vegetables and herbs. Strain out the herbs when the meat has cooked properly and serve it to your dog with some rice.
- Muffins: You need not exclude any important ingredients when baking muffins for your dog only if you take care to add honey to the batter instead of sugar granules.
What are the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel eating habits?
Last but not the least, if you want to pamper your fluffy bundle of joy, you need to get to the root of your dog’s preferences in food and monitor his regular eating habits. Since Cavalier King Charles Spaniels as a breed have a predisposition towards becoming obese and experiencing nutritional disorders, it might be a good idea to read the label carefully when you are buying commercially available dog food.
Try to cook food for your dog at home itself so that it gets access to healthy food daily, without you having to resort to buying dog food which uses artificial ingredients.